Friday, October 6, 2017

THINKING of YOU

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Psalm 139:16-18 (MSG)
How precious it is, Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly! I can’t even count how many times a day your thoughts turn toward me.
And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me!

Isn’t that a remarkable truth?
I want you to let it sink in today.

Often, we awake already slogging through the prospects of another challenging day, still groggy and punch drunk from the 16hour “street-fight” the day before.

Let’s be honest it is sometimes hard to get motivated. 
Just being transparent. September was a BLUR. 30 straight days that have now merged into October.  I could use a brain vacation.  A little brain-less binge session on the couch.

You too?

But if you (and I) can just pause and let that little passage from Psalm 139 minister, it will lift our countenance and “heighten” our spirits!
In fact, I would dare say it just might put the much-needed spring to our step!

Parse it out!

GOD is thinking of me and you! RIGHT NOW!
GOD is ready to ENGAGE me and you! RIGHT NOW!
GOD is at the ready to HELP me and you with today, to love on us today, to inspire us today, to energize us today!

WOW! 
God doesn’t come and go. God lasts.
He’s Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn’t get tired out, doesn’t pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall. But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don’t get tired, they walk and don’t lag behind.
Isaiah 40:28-31 (MSG)

I believe I am going to revel in GOD’s concern and love for me today.

How about you?

I believe I am going to stop relying on my STRENGTH and snag a little of that “FRESH STRENGTH” today.

How about you?

I believe since GOD is engaged, I MUST engage!
GOD has already designed the plan and it has nothing to do with me vegging out to hours of Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives.

He’s ready.
So, we better be!
God has invested entirely too much in you for you to be comfortable in anything less than you were created to be. – T.D. Jakes

Let’s get to it!

Have a blessed weekend.
I love you all!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment