Wednesday, March 21, 2018

WHOLE HEART

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. – Jeremiah 29:13 (NLT)
We often quote the verse that appears just 2 verses ahead of this one.
I will bless you with a future filled with hope--a future of success…
Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT)
But I do think that what Jeremiah was saying was that GOD’s PLAN for us is AWESOME and it is FULFILLED when we SEEK HIM, and not just seek HIM passively but RATHER SEEK HIM WHOLEHEARTEDLY.
Why do you think the WHOLEHEARTEDLY was included in his encouragement?
Because earlier he “called out” our HEARTS for what they “tend” to be and HOW GOD handles the HEART.
The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure out. But I, God, search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human. I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be. - Jeremiah 17:9-10 (MSG)
Let that little piece from Jeremiah 17:10 sink in a little.
GOD gets to the HEART of us.
As we ARE, not as we PRETEND to be.
This cuts me to the quick.
I know where my deceitful heart goes from time to time.  It doesn’t take much for me to SHIFT my SEEKING; shift it from SEEKING GOD and WHAT HE has in mind for the day to WHAT I want.
And sometimes my heart is dark.
It sometimes wants “stuff” that isn’t too GODLY.
Just being honest.
And yes, while it is “easy” to pretend to others, GOD isn’t fooled. GOD knows where my heart and mind are AT ALL TIMES.
Thankfully when they wander GOD is so GOOD at “pricking” my heart and shaking my mind.  It often comes simply with a reminder from HIM that “I am better than that” or that “HE DESERVES better than that.”
So, while disconcerting sometimes, I am grateful for the reset.
Am I alone here?

GOD has promised that IF WE SEEK HIM we will find Him, but it has to be legit.  It can’t be a half-hearted pursuit.  Jesus Himself made that a mandate.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' – Mark 12:30 (NIV)
Benson remarked: To love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength is all-consuming and all-encompassing. It is no lukewarm endeavor.
Hmmm…
I know I don’t wish to be lukewarm.  GOD is not a fan of the LUKEWARM just ask the folks in Revelation 3. I DESIRE to be WHOLEHEARTED, I do.
I am sure you do too.
Today will you join me in prayer…
Whatever it takes, Lord, align the desires of my WHOLE heart with yours. For your heart will always pursue what you value as your treasure. Matthew 6:21(TPT)
And I DESIRE to TREASURE YOU! - Amen


HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
Love you all!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment