Wednesday, October 10, 2012

WHAT GOD




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“One day at a time, dear Jesus…”
24 hour tokens
“Live for today”, “Carpe Diem”, “We have this moment”.
Ever thought about these little statements we hear or these little trinkets we embrace?
Ever try to “live that way?” I mean 24 hours at a time?
Matthew 6:34 (MSG)
34 “Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
That is a tough order huh?
What if I get downsized?
What if I get sick?
What if I slip yet again?
What if, what if, what if…
My grandma Winnie had a wonderful saying and I quote it a lot these days, “Don’t BORROW trouble.” I think she was referring to this little passage in Matthew. In the NIV, Jesus even warns us about “borrowed trouble".
34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
But I love the way that Petersen paraphrases 6:34. “Give your entire attention to GOD.”
In other words ditch the “what ifs” for “WHAT GOD”.
“What GOD do you have in mind for my employment?”
“What GOD is your vision for my family?”
“What GOD is your plan for my health, my happiness, and my future?”
When we make GOD the focus, we clear our minds and hearts for what HE wants to do. Our mental energy shifts from the "fears" of the "what ifs" to the FAITH of the "what GODS".
So today, rather than focusing on these “what if’s” or worse yet being so preoccupied with the
“what coulds",
“the what are theys”
or the “what about thems”…
…let’s focus on God and His sufficiency, His care, and His abundant love.
Let’s give our entire attention to WHAT GOD IS DOING NOW!

Have a blessed day.
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment