Monday, August 28, 2017

GET TO SEEKING

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Psalm 27:8 (CEB)
...my heart says, seek God’s face. Lord, I do seek your face!

Augustine remarked that, “to seek him (is) the greatest adventure…”

So, is your heart compelling you that way today? 
To seek GOD’s face? To take Him up on His planned adventure?

Or are you like me most days and instead of seeking GOD you have already begun to seek…
…the remote.
…the coffee.
…the calendar.
…the phone.
…the FACEBOOK.

Or worse yet have you started the day by seeking “yourself”. 
Seeking your agenda, your pleasure, your needs, and your plan.

Don’t feel bad.

I find myself seeking GREG a whole lot more than I seek GOD sometimes; doing the things I WANT to do before ever consulting HIS Word or His instruction.  
Catering to my desires before even giving them a second thought as to how they might stack up with what GOD. Even when I know I should…capture every thought and make it give up and obey Christ. - 2 Corinthians 10:5 (ERV)

Truth is our days would go a lot better if we started them with seeking.  I talk about it a lot here in the OFH because when I write about it, it reminds me to DO IT MYSELF!
And there is such benefit to the practice!…those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
Psalm 34:10 (ERV)

"Those who seek God earnestly and desperately shall surely come into the glorious light of His presence." A.W. Tozer

And Lord knows I navigate in some pretty dark recesses most days including that sometime light-less space between my ears.

So why don’t we both make seeking a 1st priority sort of thing; right along with thanking, praising, cooperating, listening, and praying?
I mean why not?

Why not when:
…It ushers us into a consciousness of the presence of GOD.
…It opens the door to our hearts and minds to the GOOD that GOD has for this day.
…It provides the forum for the litmus test of our thoughts throughout the day!
…It lightens both the day and likely the load. (Matthew 6:33)

For:
“Neglecting to ask God's counsel, neglecting to seek God's timing, you step in to *handle* things. And by and by, you've got a mess on your hands.”
Charles R. Swindoll

Therefore, let’s get to seeking.


Love you all…
Be blessed today…
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment