Tuesday, August 1, 2017

HE UNDERSTANDS

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Charles Stanley once said that,
“Our heavenly Father understands our disappointment, suffering, pain, fear, and doubt. He is always there to encourage our hearts and help us understand that He's sufficient for all our needs. When I accepted this as an absolute truth in my life, I found that my worrying stopped.”

Let that sink in a little.

Think about the times when you were suffering or were confused.  
Think about those seasons in your life when doubt dominated.

Maybe you needed a job and none seemed to be available. 
Or maybe the job you had was unfulfilling or tenuous.
Or perhaps a sudden loss or illness stunned you. 
Has there been a time when you weren’t sure if you could weather the storm or manage the pain?

I am sure many if not all of us can say yes to one if not all those scenarios. 
But how reassuring the STANLEY reminder.

Our Father understands.
Our Father is sufficient. 
we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses
Hebrews 4:15 (CSB)
grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9 (CSB)

I know that on more than one occasion I have cried out to GOD saying things like,
“Don’t you get what is going on here?“
Are you not aware that I am in a mess?” 
“Are you oblivious?”
“I need you to get involved.”
“What am I doing to hinder this; why hasn’t this or that come through?”
(I ask this one a ton. Especially of late)

But if I (and we) will only take a step back and BELIEVE those two FUNDAMENTAL truths from the WORD of GOD; that He understands our trials sympathetically and has the perfect measure of grace, mercy, and power to help us in those times of confusion, pain, trial, and temptation, we should NEVER feel disengaged or under-equipped.

Not at all.

We should instead embrace the truth, release the anxiety, and trust the LORD that there is quite enough joy, peace, comfort, grace, and discernment for WHATEVER troubles us and that He has things well in hand.

Simpson once said,
“The greatest need of our age and of every age, the greatest need of every human heart, is to know the resources and sufficiency of God.”

I just need to agree.
You too?

Have a blessed day!
I love you all.
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment