Wednesday, October 4, 2017

APPROACH

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Draw near to God with confidence…Keep in mind that God invites you to come close to him and welcomes you with great love… Whitney Hopler

James 1:5-8 (MSG)
If you don’t know what you’re doing, pray to the Father.
He loves to help. You’ll get his help, and won’t be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who “worry their prayers” are like wind-whipped waves. Don’t think you’re going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open.

This little passage has been popping up repeatedly in my mind of late.

I am a little “confounded” as to what to do next.
I am a little “confused” by what GOD is doing.
With every new step, new door, and new opportunity there emerges new adversities, new questionings, and new conflicts.  Prior allies have even become adversaries.  
Yet old thinking, old perceptions and old plans must evolve for success. 
And my faith and fortitude are being tested.

And I CERTAINLY need a little direction for the next step, the next plan, the next move.  That is why I must CLING to this wisdom from James.

Despite the daily paradoxes and challenges.
GOD is still there.
GOD is willing.
GOD desires to help.

That is why I must be intentional and remind myself when the anxiety stirs me at 3am, I pause and APPROACH Him with confidence as Hopler suggests.  
As James suggests.
As the writer of Hebrews suggests.
…let’s walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the help.  Hebrews 4:16 (MSG)

You struggle with this sort of thing too?

I believe far too many times we allow the enemy to convince us that GOD “isn’t interested" or that GOD is too busy or our decisions have disqualified us to approach GOD when things are chaotic, confusing, and confounding.

GOD says differently.
When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed. Jeremiah 29:13 (MSG)

Maybe you too have lots of questions about what to do next or how to handle a situation; about how to address uncomfortable mis-perceptions, and what not. 
Sounds like it is time to APPROACH! 

GOD is encouraging us to SEEK HIM, APPROACH HIM, ASK HIM, “walk right up” to Him confidently in prayer for the help and the direction. 
He says we won't be disappointed!

Is it time to be a little less “wind-whipped” and worrisome?
I believe so!
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
He is READY to HELP us! - Philippians 4:6 (NIV)


Have a blessed day!
Love you!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment