Thursday, February 1, 2018

CLARITY vs FAITH

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
"The will of God will never take you, where the grace of God cannot keep you." – Unknown…
 
There will be very few occasions when you are absolutely certain about anything. You will consistently be called upon to make decisions with limited information. That being the case, your goal should not be to eliminate uncertainty. Instead, you must develop the art of being clear in the face of uncertainty. - Andy Stanley
 
Uncertainty is “unsettling”.
Corrie Ten Boom eluded that we are to leave those uncertain things to a certain GOD but that can be a tricky task.
 
Pastor H. B. Charles, Jr. shared the story of a man named John Kavanaugh who went to India to spend some time serving in Calcutta with Mother Teresa. The trip came at a turning point in his life when he was seeking God’s direction for the future.
 
It seems that when he met with Mother Teresa, John Kavanaugh asked her to pray for him. “What do you want me to pray for,” she asked. So, he uttered the request that was uppermost on his mind, the reason he had traveled so many thousands of miles from home.
 
“Clarity. Pray that I might have clarity.”
 
To his surprise, Mother Teresa refused. “I will not do that,” she said. “Clarity is the last thing you are clinging to and the last thing you must let go of.”
Why did she say that?
 
Because SHE was pushing he and us to have FAITH.
 
Faith in the face of uncertainty.
Faith in the WILL of GOD for our lives.
Faith that GOD’s GRACE is truly sufficient, especially in those weak moments of“I don’t know what I am doing or how did I get here?”.
(I have these a lot!)
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)
 
Clarity in the face of uncertainty comes via WHOLEHEARTED trust in GOD’s sovereignty. Proverbs 3:5
 
Uncertain about finances? 
GOD owns all of it.  Trust His clear balance sheet and asset record. Philippians 4:19
 
Uncertain about ‘next steps’? 
He knows the path before you walk it. Psalm 23
 
Future feel foggy?
We don’t yet see things clearly. We’re squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won’t be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We’ll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us! 1 Corinthians 13:12 (MSG)
 
So today, don’t seek clarity.  Instead ask GOD to EMBOLDEN your FAITH.  Seek Him and all the rest will be clear soon enough.  He promised.
 
When I needed the Lord, I looked for Him; I called out to Him, and He heard me and responded.  He came and rescued me from everything that made me so afraid. Psalm 34:4 (VOICE)
 
I love you all.
 
Have a blessed DAY!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment