Monday, August 20, 2018

FAITHFUL ENDURANCE

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



It was good to be in church yesterday.  It had been a little while since I had the chance to arrive a little early for fellowship, hunker down and be able to stay to the end.  It was baptismal day at my home church AHOP and that is ALWAYS a BLESSED and INSPIRING DAY!!!



Yet of late, our church has experienced its share of challenges. Our leaders have and are facing health challenges.  There have been some departures and changes. 

Ministries are being stretched. 

Resources are being stretched.

Congregants are being stretched and challenged!



And while GOD doesn’t change, the local church often must ENDURE some change and evolution from time to time for sure!



I think that is why our PASTOR is being MOVED to share the IMPORTANCE of FIGHTING for our FAITH, to ENDURE; leaning on this truth as “tough as it is to swallow” some days…

When all kinds of trials and temptations crowd into your lives my brothers, don’t resent them as intruders, but welcome them as friends! Realize that they come to test your faith and to produce in you the quality of endurance. – James 1:2 (PH)



I like how PHILLIPS translates this familiar passage.



Encouraging us not to RESENT the trials but WELCOME them as tools for development!  Reminding us that this fight of faith is PRODUCING ENDURANCE!



And ENDURANCE is what we need for the trial times, for the tough times, for the challenges.  GOD CALLS us to ENDURANCE, faithful endurance. 



The folks from the PASSION TRANSLATION and “I Hear His Whisper” extrapolate it this way…



From GOD:

The word I speak to you today is endurance. I call you to be faithful unto the end…

I have called you to be a faithful warrior of My love.

You see the momentary pain, but I see the blossoms of love.

My love never fails.

My goodness and My power to work everything together for good as you love Me.

Speak over your life this day these words: “I will endure all things for love.”

As you remain faithful to Me, love grows within you. 


I speak over you, my faithful one, endure all things for love as a good soldier of Jesus Christ, and always set His faithfulness before your eyes as your supreme example. 
And then you will not fail, and you will not stumble. For I will hold you in My love even as I held Him in My love throughout His ordeals. 
I am with you and will exchange your weakness for My strength as you wait upon Me.

these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.
2 Corinthians 12:9 (MSG)



WOW.



Today my friends, reflect on the trials Jesus endured!

He endured them with FULL FAITH in the FATHER!

He endured them via the power of His amazing love for us and for GOD.


And when the bad breaks come, when the trials surface remember Jesus ENDURED them to give us the STRENGTH to do the same! 

Remember…

Each struggle sharpens your skills and strengths, your courage and your endurance, your ability and your confidence.

Og Mandino







Have a blessed day…

I love you all.

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment