Thursday, August 16, 2018

GO LOOKING

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.

Jeremiah 29:13 (NLT)



This passage is on the heels of an OLD favorite of so many and so many ministries.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. - Jeremiah 29:11 (ESV)



That one shows up on pictures and posters bumper stickers and desk clocks.  But the reason I chose the verse that just follows today is because I want to LOOK for GOD today, WHOLEHEARTEDLY.



Why?

Because when I do, I find Him.



I find Him in my intersections.

I find Him in my interactions.

I find Him there to help me with what I have on my plate.



Case in point, yesterday:

I got off to super early start.  A trip to Cinci.  And as I pulled into the breakfast place, I went “looking”.  I needed some help for a project for the new job and I was hoping that the fella I was meeting for breakfast could shed some light.



He did.



Then it was off to a rather interesting meeting with a disgruntled and underserved Pastor from Cincinnati, a doctor colleague and one of my dear friends from the ATTORNEY GENERAL’S office.



There was no “prep” for this important discussion.  None.  But I went looking and GOD found me in the meeting.  He equipped me with what to say and what was once a contentious situation now has a new breath of hope and optimism in it!



All GOD.

GOD found us.



Lisa Wood penned this about GOD “finding” …

“Your presence fills every space of a heart that seeks to find…

True.

The question is WE WILL SEEK, and WILL WE DO SO WHOLEHEARTEDLY?



Lord knows I have a ton of distractions, other things that command my attention and often steal portions of my “heart”.



Selfishness being a biggie.



But I have seen that when I go LOOKING for Him, He finds me, and He helps me.  So, while I don’t get the WHOLEHEARTED thing every time, when I do it truly is affirming and most amazing.



Let’s both go LOOKING for Him today.

He is ready to find us, help us, direct us, guide us and bless us!

If you're sincerely seeking God, God will make His existence evident to you. - William Lane Craig



HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

LOVE YOU ALL

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment