Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“Across that threshold I had been afraid to cross, things suddenly seemed so very simple.
There was but a single vision, God, who was all in all; there was but one will that directed all things, God's will. I had only to see it, to discern it in every circumstance in which I found myself and let myself be ruled by it. God is in all things, sustains all things, directs all things. To discern this in every situation and circumstance, to see His will in all things, was to accept each circumstance and situation and let oneself be borne along in perfect confidence and trust.
Nothing could separate me from Him, because He was in all things. No danger could threaten me, no fear could shake me, except the fear of losing sight of Him. The future, hidden as it was, was hidden in His will and therefore acceptable to me no matter what it might bring.
The past, with all its failures, was not forgotten; it remained to remind me of the weakness of human nature and the folly of putting any faith in self. But it no longer depressed me. I looked no longer to self to guide me, relied on it no longer in any way, so it could not again fail me. By renouncing, finally and completely, all control of my life and future destiny, I was relieved as a consequence of all responsibility. I was freed thereby from anxiety and worry, from every tension, and could float serenely upon the tide of God's sustaining providence in perfect peace of soul.”
― Walter J. Ciszek, He Leadeth Me
The reason I post this today, is as a “encouragement” to LET GOD HAVE YOU TODAY!
Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths.  Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long. Psalm 25:4-5 (ESV)
Ciszek discovered that when he “released” control, when he embraced the “flow of GOD”, worry left, anxiety diminished, and he was able to live confidently in the providence of GOD.
Remembering…which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? – Matthew 6:27 (ESV)
For me that often seems “unfathomable”.
I want control.
I struggle with relinquishing it let alone allowing GOD to “take the wheel” as the old country song eludes.  But I have experienced great peace in situations when I have done just that.
My daughter Hillary’s cancer, I opted to flow with GOD rather than fret and GOD’s providence was evident. 
My middle kid Samantha’s depression and hurt, I gave it quickly to GOD and she is healed and whole.
And here recently, I have been led to encourage my 83-year-old dad who is battling some health challenges to do the same; to “float”.
Perhaps uncertainty looms for you this week; real uncertainty. I know I am headed to share with some brothers and sisters in North Carolina and the last time I was on the road doing that, anxiousness did its best to derail me.
I need to FLOAT!
The future, hidden as it (is), (is) hidden in His will and therefore acceptable to me no matter what it might bring.
How about you?
Are you anxious?
Does the horizon bring trepidation?
Future full of fearful possibilities?
There is peace in the providence of GOD. Philippians 4:7
Trust Him. Trust it.
No matter what.
FLOAT!

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
Love all of you
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment