Thursday, October 10, 2013

TIME TO APPLY



Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Some days it is hard to practice what you preach.
As client after client parade past my desk each day, it seems so easy to encourage them to have faith, to trust GOD, to hope for open doors and opportunities and to believe the GOD will help them through their challenges and crisis’. Sometimes it rolls off the tongue so naturally.
But things change when it is me that has to remember that GOD will provide, that hope abounds, that anxiety is wasted motion and that frustration and anger are blessing blockers.
To be honest I would much rather TEACH the lessons than have to APPLY the lessons. Wouldn’t we all? But of late I have had to. And I will confess today that I am not passing my tests with flying colors. Seems the bad days are starting to outweigh the good.
But thankfully, I woke up to a NEW day today, a new opportunity to“apply better”, a new set of downs, a fresh shot clock, and a clean palette.
Lamentations 3:22-23
It is because of the Lord’s loving-kindness that we are not destroyed for His loving-pity never ends. 23 It is new every morning. He is so very faithful.
Good thing too. If I had to drag all of yesterday’s mess into today, I would just go back to bed!
But GOD has granted all of us a fresh sheet of paper today; a new opportunity to right a few wrongs, serve a little better, learn a little more, fellowship with Him more fully. For that I am most grateful!
1 Thessalonians 5:18
…give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Therefore instead of “lamenting” yesterday or giving NEW access to its OLD anxieties, I am going to be GRATEFUL to GOD for my new sheet of paper and strive to let HIM have this day!
Thomas Merton says it this way:
“To be grateful is to recognize the Love of God in everything He has given us - and He has given us everything. Every breath we draw is a gift of His love, every moment of existence is a grace, for it brings with it immense graces from Him.
Gratitude therefore takes nothing for granted, is never unresponsive, is constantly awakening to new wonder and to praise of the goodness of God. For the grateful person knows that God is good, not by hearsay but by experience. And that is what makes all the difference.
I love that line… Gratitude…is constantly awakening to new wonder and to praise of the goodness of God…and that makes all the difference.
So that is my plan today. I am going to dive into today loving and trusting GOD; hoping that He has those answers and guidance I so desperately need. I am going to open my eyes to the wonder and possibilities of this day, October 10, 2013, not allowing the mess that was October 9th and many of its predecessors influence me.
Wanna join me?
Let’s pray:
“Today Lord I am going to do my best with Your help and for Your glory. I realize that there are many different people in the world with a variety of opinions and expectations and some will create conflict and perhaps disappoint me. But I am going to concentrate on being a God-pleaser and not a self-pleaser or man-pleaser. I am going to embrace the opportunities of today positively and honorably! Thanks for the chance!
The rest I leave in Your hands Lord. Grant me favor with You and with all the folks I encounter and continue teaching me to be more like You in all I DO and SAY. In Jesus”
Adapted – Joyce Meyer (and a little me).
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment