Friday, October 4, 2013

TRUST TRUTH

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Heartache. Pain. Loss. Confusion. Sadness. Uncertainty.
These describe a woman who I met with yesterday. Her marriage, gone, health deteriorating, and bank account drained. She’d never been “here”before. Dazed and staggered wasn’t the half of it. She was hopeless, fearful, and afraid. Paralyzed and immobilized. Questions included “where do I start”, “where do I go” and most potently, “why?”
Can you relate? Been there yourself?
I will be frank. I don’t have answers for situations like this, but praise GOD, He does.
Truth be told, we are all human and we’ve all had feelings like these. It’s not wrong to feel like this, as long as we don’t let the feelings dictate our actions.
But if we aren’t to act on the feelings, what are we to do? Simple answer.
PICK UP THE WORD! TRUST ITS TRUTH.
Remember in spite of how WE may FEEL…
God is for us!
Romans 8:31
So what should we say about this? If God is for us, no one can stand against us. And God is with us.
We have a “guaranteed hope”!
Jeremiah 29:11
…I know the plans that I have for you.” This message is from the Lord. “I have good plans for you. I don’t plan to hurt you. I plan to give you hope and a good future.
And realize that as bad is “THIS” is, it will soon pass!
2 Corinthians 4:17-18
…Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There’s far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow.
Strangely enough, the LORD brought every one of these verses to my mind as I shared time with my distraught friend. He did because He knew my words had no power and that His WORD was effective because His WORD is TRUTH!
He reminded me that HIS WORD alone has the power to transcend circumstances and feelings; that HIS WORD alone has the power to FREE her from those crippling FEELINGS!
John 8:32
…experience for yourselves the truth, and the truth will free you.
I know it’s hard to go through disappointment and confusion. I have had my own.
But I believe GOD can relate. I'm sure God was let down and disappointed when man, whom he created for intimate fellowship, sinned against Him, turn his back on Him. I think He knows how we feel! (He even says so in Hebrews 4 – look it up!)
What He wants today is for US to realize and remember that He and HIS WORD are the only things in this fragile life in which we can TRUST and not be disappointed; that His truth transcends and triumphs the most furious of feelings!
So let’s TRUST HIM and HIS WORD today! Why?
I give you one more little TRUTH…
Proverbs 16:20
…things work out when you trust in God.
Have a blessed weekend.
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment