Thursday, May 1, 2014

NEVER LEAVING NEVER FORSAKING GRACE


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“I will never leave you or forsake you” He says.  “He” being GOD of course. 
Comforting words when things are terrible or when the crisis hits.  Comforting words when the rug has been pulled out by a trusted friend and you feel like you are alone.  Comforting words for a time of loss or grief.
They are good words.
Better truth.
A “best” promise.

Yet today I am struggling with the “never leave never "forsakenness" of GOD.”  Why?  Because I had one of those days yesterday that if I were GOD I would have left me and forsaken me.  I couldn’t have left or forsaken fast enough.
I lost yesterday’s battle between my flesh and spirit.  There was no split decision or questionable call. Nope this was a clear cut victory for the “other side”.
I doubted.
I was fearful.
I was angry.
I was selfish.
I was annoyed.
My language was sketchy and crass.
I could go on.
Not a good day; a day where the leaving and forsaking could be justified and sadly understood.
I am glad I am not GOD. 

I am so grateful that I woke up this morning to new mercy, new opportunities, forgiveness and grace.  I woke up to a GOD who has already wiped yesterday off the books and He has opened the door to His office ready for me to “go back to work” today.
Hebrews 4:16
English Standard Version (ESV)
16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Yesterday was one of those astonishing days when my “fallibility” was pronounced and GOD’s faithfulness to me didn’t waver.  And I don’t say that with “relief” I say that with joy. 

GOD loved me yesterday and continues to love me today…IN SPITE OF ME.  That is remarkable…For God's love for me and you is unconditional and undeserved. He loves us in spite of our disobedience, our weakness, our sin and our selfishness.

2 Corinthians 12:9
…he said, “No. But I am with you; that is all you need. My power shows up best in weak people.
GOOD thing.  I fit that bill to a tee!  I was the poster child for “weak person” yesterday.  
You too you say?

Well won’t you join me in a little repentance, maybe a spot of confession?  While I know yesterday wasn’t the last of the less than “stellar” days for me, I know one thing is for sure.  Even if today takes a similar path to yesterday, I got one sure thing in my back pocket.

Never leaving, never forsaking grace.
2 Timothy 1:9
Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
9 God saved us and chose us to be his holy people, but not because of anything we ourselves did. God saved us and made us his people because that was what he wanted and because of his grace. That grace was given to us through Christ Jesus…
 
I love you all!
HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
Freedom Church
 
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment