Thursday, May 15, 2014

NEW ROAD

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Sometimes when I sit down in the early hours of the morning I am still suffering a little from a hangover from the day before. Now before anyone goes running to their phone or FACEBOOK to share the news of my “relapse”, let me explain.
I, like you, still have some “tough travel days”. Not all of them stretch out smoothly before me. Not because GOD didn’t offer a smooth and level road...
Isaiah 26:7 (MSG)
…The Leveler evens the road for the right-living.
…but because I chose to wander off of his path and carve out my own less than level highway. And as is always the case, that path, that journey proved far more challenging and rough than what was likely set by GOD’s navigation for me.
So because the journey wasn’t “smooth and easy”, some mornings I feel the effects of my poor direction. Today is one of those days.
Feeling a little "hungover" if you will.
Yesterday opened wonderfully. I shared an insightful, “iron sharpening iron" morning with a budding friend and colleague. We laughed, cried, shared Christ, shared experiences, hope and possibilities. It was inspired.
Yet somewhere between Springfield and the rest of my day, I decided to turn off GOD’s navigation and allow some of my old emotions, old “tendencies” and old processes to take the wheel; many of which led to nowhere productive and even into some dead-end anger-laced alleys.
So I awakened this morning with the enemy doing his best to tell me that the mistakes of yesterday and the effects of an afternoon of wandering were going to define today.
He couldn’t be more wrong.
Isaiah 43:19
Forget about what’s happened; don’t keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new. It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it? There it is! I’m making a (new) road…
And yes while the “fallout” of yesterday’s journey may linger into to today; while there may be still some "back-tracking" to do; the mercy I have been granted this morning is MORE THAN ENOUGH to redirect me and forge me forward with energy, hope and optimism!
Lamentations 3:22-24
How enduring is God’s loyal love; the Eternal has inexhaustible compassion. Here they are, every morning, new! Your faithfulness, God, is as broad as the day. Have courage, for the Eternal is all that I will need. My soul boasts, “Hope in God…
For some reason I am guessing that I am not the only who maybe wandered a little yesterday. I have good news for both of us.
There is new hope for today. GOD promised.
There is forgiveness for yesterday. GOD promised.
There is opportunity waiting on the other side of the door to step out, serve and experience GOD in a new way today. GOD promised.
"I’m about to do something brand-new"
Today's new road awaits!
So let’s shake off the cob-webs, take GOD by the hand and walk the level road He has set for us today. No going off on our own today.
Psalm 119
The Message (MSG)
You’re blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by God.
You’re blessed when you follow his directions, doing your best to find him.
That’s right—you don’t go off on your own; you walk straight along the road he set.
You, God, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it.
Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set; Then I’d never have any regrets...
…or silly hangovers.
I love you all!
HAVE A BLESSED Day!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment