Tuesday, October 20, 2015

BY SPIRIT

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty. 
Zachariah 4:6 NIV

A familiar passage.
But are you HEEDING it today?
Or let me ask it differently. 
Are you NEEDING it today?

I need it today. I know I need to HEED it!
How about you?

Got a big day ahead?
Tired?
Feeling under-equipped or ill prepared?
Weakened from too many “previous” tough days?
Don't have much in the "might" department or the "strength" sapped?

Then heed that passage.  YOU WILL be OK!

Even if your tank were on full and you power bar at maximum, GOD reminds us that it is BY HIS SPIRIT that things are accomplished.
Apart from Him (the SPIRIT) we are capable of nothing.
We touched on that yesterday from John 15 with that whole vine/branches stuff.
But it is true.

Apart from Him we ARE under-equipped and as much as we would like to think we are running the show or have what it takes, that cagey prophet Zachariah pops that ego balloon in a hurry doesn’t he?

That is why we MUST begin today by thanking GOD for His Spirit…!
…the Spirit helps us in our weakness. (Romans 8:26 NIV)
And then choose to operate in it!

Today is one of those “under-equipped” kind of days for me.  Lots of balls in the air, lots of moving parts and HIGH expectations.  To think about navigating it in my own power or own strength would be futile.

Instead I am going to thank Zachariah today and Tom T. this past Sunday for reminding me that GOD’S Spirit is active and in me and is poised to take care of all the “might and strength” requirements of this day.

So instead of checking my gauges or allowing my ego to have reign, I am going to do my best to fill my mind with the SPIRIT’s truth and let it work.

I can do anything through Christ which strengthens me.     Philippians 4:13

In all your ways acknowledge Him and HE will direct the path. Proverbs 3:6

God is operating ALL according to the counsel of His own will.”  Ephesians 1:11

In Him we live, and move and are (have our being). Acts 17:28

Therefore today, however it turns out, will be in more than my incapable hands.  Therefore I will...

Be anxious for nothing. Philippians 4:6

Care to join me?

“Trying to do the Lord's work in your own strength is the most confusing, exhausting, and tedious of all work. But when you are filled with the Holy Spirit, then the ministry of Jesus just flows out of you.” ― Corrie ten Boom


I love you all.
Have a great day.
FREEDOM CHURCH (CHAMPIONS NETWORK)

No comments:

Post a Comment