Friday, October 30, 2015

GOD'S CHOICES

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Vance Haver has said,
 “The greatest choice any man makes is to let God choose for him.”

Good quote.
I know I should try what it says. Lord knows (and yes I do believe He does) my heart wants to serve Him, follow Him, honor Him, and represent Him to the fullest. My problem is too many times my heart and my brain is on different wavelengths. And what goes on and is encouraged by my BRAIN sometimes is NOT a good reflection of my heart.

Face it, I often make ridiculous choices.

I have silly self-centered thoughts. I entertain knuckle-headed and sin-soaked notions and temptations.  To make matters worse, I act on them. I often don’t “represent” quite like a Pastor should. Heck with Pastor, like a Christian should.

But if I would really embrace that thought from Vance, I know that my choices and consequently my walk and life would be so much sweeter, so much more "impactful" and so much more fulfilling.

It is up to me.
It is up to you too.

Bill Bright says it this way…
“Every day, I find countless opportunities to decide whether I will obey God and demonstrate my love for Him or try to please myself or the world system. God is waiting for my choices.”

I will admit. That drives me crazy sometimes; that whole “GOD is a gentleman” thing.

Doesn’t GOD realize just how goofy and jacked up my "gray-matter" can be? Why doesn’t He just short-circuit this whole FREE WILL thing and take the pressure off?

Because He loves me and He wants me to love Him willingly.
That is why GOD didn’t craft drones and robots.
He made us to choose.

And as Vance and Bright have eluded, our lives are a series of choices. From the instant we wake up in the morning until the moment we nod off to sleep, we make countless decisions—decisions about the things we do, decisions about the words we speak, and decisions about the way that we choose to direct our thoughts.

So will you join me in the effort today to let GOD direct those choices; to making the choice to let His SPIRIT lead?

Galatians 6:8 (ERV)
if you live (CHOOSE) to please the Spirit, your harvest from the Spirit will be eternal life.

Proverbs 19:21 (ESV)
Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.

God doesn’t want people to do what they think is best: he wants them to do what he knows is best…- Blackaby


I love you all!
Have a blessed weekend
FREEDOM CHURCH (CHAMPIONS NETWORK)

No comments:

Post a Comment