Tuesday, December 15, 2015

BEGIN DOING

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
DISNEY DISPATCH - REPRISE - 12.14.2014

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney
I had thought I had grabbed that one for a previous DISPATCH, but a little research indicated that I hadn’t.  So, I thought I would pen a quick thought.
You would agree that is some simple but powerful advice from Mr. Disney.

In my circle I sometimes refer to the “talkers” as suffering from “I’m gonna” disease.
“I’m gonna get that assessment.”
“I’m gonna get to that meeting.”
“I’m gonna get started with recovery.”
“I’m gonna try this Jesus thing you keep talking about.”
“I’m gonna” stop there because you get the point.
GOD called us to be “doers” not just “hearers” and He certainly isn’t a fan of those who “talk a good game” but who “do” differently.
James 1:22 (NLT)
But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.
1 Timothy 2:14 (MSG)
Concentrate on doing your best for God, work you won’t be ashamed of, laying out the truth plain and simple. Stay clear of pious talk that is only talk. Words are not mere words, you know. If they’re not backed by a godly life, they accumulate as poison in the soul.
 
So you have heard me say this before I am sure.
Ditch the “I’m gonnas”.
Pitch the pious talking.
Get about the business of doing.
And whatever you decide to do, do it for GOD.
Colossians 3:23 (NLT)
Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
“What one does is what counts. Not what one had the intention of doing.” ― Pablo Picasso
Can’t be a much simpler or clear cut message today than that my friends.

I love you all.
Freedom Church (CHAMPIONS NETWORK)

No comments:

Post a Comment