Friday, December 4, 2015

NO HURRY

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“God never hurries. There are no deadlines against which he must work. Only to know this is to quiet our spirits and relax our nerves.” ― A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God!

Even Jesus reminds us:

“What I’m trying to do here is get you to relax, not be so preoccupied with getting so you can respond to God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions.
You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.
Don’t be afraid of missing out.
You’re my dearest friends! 
The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself.
Luke 12:32-40 (MSG)

GOD is not in a hurry today but I know many of us are.
I often fall into that trap.  I try to get ahead of GOD all the time.
I am trying to be more intentional to trust that He is truly sovereign and HIS timing is perfect remembering that:
“There are no 'ifs' in God's Kingdom. His timing is perfect. ― Corrie ten Boom

But I wouldn’t be honest if I said I am good at it.
I would NOT be telling the whole truth if I said I effectively heed Jesus’ perfect advice of relaxing and steeping. 
I admit it.
I get afraid or worse yet, I allow my will to creep in the way of GOD’S.

But Jesus is telling each of us today.

Relax.
Trust.
Steep.
Allow.
Lean.
Believe. 
He reminds us that “He’s got this”, whatever “this” may be.

If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? That’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. – Luke 12:28 (ERV)

Surely HE WILL do much more for us.

He WILL (catch that?) not MIGHT meet our everyday concerns.
HE WILL do “much more” for us. (Ephesians 3:20 if you need to make sure)
HE WANTS to GIVE us the KINGDOM!
HE had made us HIS friends and as HIS friends He wants the VERY BEST for us!

So what should we do?

Relax.
Quiet the spirit.
Quell the nerves.

Trust GOD'S realities.
Trust GOD'S initiatives.
Trust GOD'S provisions.


I love you ALL!
Have a BLESSED weekend.
FREEDOM CHURCH (CHAMPIONS NETWORK)

No comments:

Post a Comment