Thursday, December 31, 2015

COMPETENT DRIVER - 12.28.2015

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Jesus...is a thoroughly competent leader. When you wake up in the morning, you can feel completely confident in saying, “Okay, Jesus, today you lead… - Ortberg
“LIFE begins when a person whispers, 'Jesus today you lead and I’ll follow. Whatever I have to do in my RELATIONSHIPS, my BODY, my HEALTH, and my FINANCES are in YOUR hands…YOU lead, I’ll follow.'” - Brooks
That would seem easy enough right?
Jesus IS a COMPETENT leader as ORTBERG surmises. 
We wouldn’t disagree with that. (1 Peter 2:22 He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth.)
So it would make perfect sense to dedicate this and every 24 hours to someone who lived so fully, completely and perfectly. His direction would be flawless.
But rather than following, often, more often than not, we attempt leading. And lets be honest, often, more often than not, that isn’t a great strategy.
And while our SPIRITS are often willing, our FLESH is most definitely weak. (Matthew 26:41)
So we let our deceitful hearts lead.
We let our flawed flesh lead.
We let our direction-ally challenged emotions lead.
But Jesus knows that if we ALLOW Him to lead, though it is NOT an easy “follow”, it is BEST for us!
…Jesus went to work on his disciples (THAT IS US!).
“Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You’re not in the driver’s seat; I am. Don’t run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I’ll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self. Matthew 16:24-25 (MSG)
So the question is pretty simple today.
Who is in the driver’s seat?
Want to FIND your TRUE self? 
Want TRUE answers to today’s challenges and direction for today’s encounters and interactions?
Ditch the self-help!
I know many of us in the DIFFICULT times of life will GRAB hold of that little country song lyric, “Jesus take the wheel”, but why not just jump in the passengers seat right out of the box today. 
Don’t wait for the crisis.
Give Him His place in the driver’s seat.
Let Him drive and direct.
Give Him the baton and allow Him to conduct.
It may not prove EASY, but it WILL prove to be authentic and greater than you or I could imagine. (Ephesians 3:20)
“Let God have you, and let God love you - and don’t be surprised if your heart begins to hear music you’ve never heard and your feet learn to dance as never before.” ― Max Lucado
For: 
The way to life is the Jesus way – Brooks
Have a blessed day…
I love you ALL!
FREEDOM CHURCH (CHAMPIONS NETWORK)

No comments:

Post a Comment