Thursday, June 14, 2018

TAKE THE OFFER

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



If you are at a hard place in life, hesitant to ask for help, (the LORD) invites you to ask Him so He can meet your need.

David Jeremiah



One of my favorite passages is this one…

Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” – Matthew 11:28 (MSG)



Let that sink in for a second.

Picture the possibility in your mind.



You are whipped.

Life is winning.

Confusion is winning.

Frustration is winning.

Bitterness is knocking at the door.

Anger is peering in the window.

Your breath is shallow.

Your mind is cluttered.



And there through the haze, the hurt and the headache stands Jesus with arms open, compassion in His gaze and flashing a welcoming smile.



Whew.



Yet often, we don’t take Him up on the offer to take a minute with Him. We continue to flail and fight.  Our pride blocks us. 
An odd sense that He is TOO BUSY for our battle takes precedent.



But unpack that beautiful prose from Peterson.



Jesus says, “Come”.  
Jesus says, “Get away”.  Get away from the noise, the clutter, the confusion, the “whatever”.  Jesus says, I will help you “recover”; recover your balance, recover your sanity, recovery your graciousness, recover your compassion, recover your sense of well-being.

(trust in God brings a sense of well-being. – Proverbs 28:25 ESV)



Then He says, “Hang out WITH me”. 

The by-products are remarkable.

A “less-heavy” life.

Grace-filled rhythms.

Freedom.

Freedom from the noise, the trial, the angst, the “whatever”.



Sarah Young penned it this way…

The Lord says…

Rest in the comfort of My presence, remembering that nothing is impossible with me.



Pry your mind away from your problems so, you can focus your attention on Me.

Recall that I am able to do immeasurably more than all you ask or imagine.

Instead of trying to direct Me to do this and that, seek to attune yourself to what I am already doing.



When anxiety attempts to wedge its way into your thoughts,
remind yourself that I am your Shepherd.
The bottom line is that I am taking care of you;
therefore, you needn’t be afraid of anything.
Rather than trying to maintain control over your life,
abandon yourself to my will.
Though this may feel frightening–even dangerous–
the safest place to be is in My will.




Have a blessed day!

I love you all!

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment