Thursday, June 7, 2018

WAIT FOR THE WISDOM

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

James 1:5 (MSG)
If you don’t have all the wisdom needed for this journey, then all you have to do is ask God for it; and God will grant all that you need. He gives lavishly...

Yet sometimes I start thinking James has misrepresented a little. 
“All you have to do is ask for it”?  Really James? 
Does it really work like that James? 
 
For here of late I have been leaning HARD on that passage. 
I have been doing lots of “asking”.
Why?
 
I am being asked to tread into some areas that I either have NO clue as to what I am doing or have been here before and didn’t fair quite so well.  So, I need that WISDOM, man!
 
And then James says all I have to do is ask for it?
But then that is when the hard part comes.  Then comes the kicker!
 
For after I ask, I then need to trust.  James even says it that too!
The key is that your request be anchored by your single-minded commitment to God. – James 1:6 (V)
So that “commitment" implies that after I ask, I need to WAIT for the answer, work diligently to LISTEN for it and then RESPOND to it. 
And while I am good at the asking part, desperately sometimes, I am NOT so good at the other side of the equation; the "single-minded commitment" part.
 
Am I alone here?
 
Even though James assures us that GOD wants to give those answers and give those directions, grant the WISDOM needed and lavishly I might add, James doesn’t say that if we ask on Tuesday we can go to the GOD’S WISDOM window on Wednesday and pick up the answers, the map, and the communique.
 
NOPE. 
I must stay committed to how GOD wants to answer. 
And that means patience!
One hand full of rest and patience is better than two fists full of labor and chasing after the wind. - Ecclesiastes 4:6 (MSG)
 
Therefore, while we may ask, while we exercise patience, GOD’S wisdom WILL BE imparted according to His time-table, not mine. - For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways, declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8 (AMP)
 
So sometimes WISDOM requires waiting.  
Waiting not just for GOD to respond, He always responds, but waiting for GOD’S best.
 
Chambers reminds:
"GOD wants us to pray before we do anything at all.
Most of us would prefer, however, to spend our time doing something that will get immediate results. We don't want to wait for God to resolve matters in His good time because His idea of 'good time' is seldom in sync with ours.”
 
THEREFORE:
Lord give me wisdom for this next part of the journey.  Lord give me the patience to understand and trust Your ways over my own, Your timing instead of my timing, Your best beyond my perceptions.  Grant me the trust that your Word, your heart, and your promises are true.
 
Knowing…
We (and I ) can be confident that God is able to orchestrate everything to work toward something good and beautiful when we love Him and accept His invitation to live according to His plan. Romans 8:28 (V)
 
HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
LOVE YOU ALL
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment