Thursday, July 26, 2018

COMES FROM YOU

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



Sorry I missed you folks yesterday.  Been a busy couple of weeks with some travel and early mornings mixed in.  Forgive me!

----

Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy. No person will make you happy unless you decide to be happy. Your happiness will not come to you. It can only come from you.

Ralph Marston



The reason I share this from Marston today is because I have a friend, an old colleague, a dear brother really, who has recently joined the RANKS of the RECOVERING.



After a long, isolated, and dark season of addiction he has reached out for help and has turned an important corner.



And it was something that he shared with me prior to heading into his last “official” treatment gathering that inspired me to seek out this little quote from Marston.  My friend said he HADN’T BEEN HAPPY for the longest time and the most beautiful gift RECOVERY had shared thus far was HAPPINESS.



Now mind you this is coming from someone who “has it all”. ½ million-dollar home, BMW in the driveway, a booming portfolio, a beautiful and very successful mate and YET it wasn’t until he spent some time in a room with some folks who were NOTHING like him accept for seeking help with their disease, that he uncovered HAPPINESS.



It would seem that he HAD all that he needed to be happy, and yet like MARSTON so eloquently points out, HAPPINESS comes FROM US not TO US.  
So true for my friend!



My friend is HAPPY for the first time in a long time from the INSIDE out!

And he was finding HEALING in the HAPPINESS!

A joyful, cheerful heart brings healing to both body and soul.

Proverbs 17:22 (TPT)



Often, I say that HAPPINESS is circumstantial, and that JOY is SUPERNATURAL so while I know my friend was using the WORD HAPPINESS in his conversation, I know what he has uncovered is JOY!

He has renewed his link to GOD in his recovery and that JOY is a LOVELY BY-PRODUCT for SURE!!!

You made me so happy, God I saw your work and I shouted for joy. How magnificent your work, God! – Psalm 92:4 (MSG)



Friends CHOOSE to be HAPPY today!

Acknowledge GOD’s WORK in your life!

Celebrate it!  It is there, and it is GOOD!



That deep thinker and respected pundit Groucho Marx said it this way…

I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. - Groucho Marx

So, did the PSALMIST…

This is the very day of the Lord that brings gladness and joy, filling our hearts with glee. – Psalm 118:24 (TPT)







HAVE A BLESSED and HAPPY DAY!

LOVE YOU ALL

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment