Friday, July 20, 2018

KEEP SWIMMING

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



Well today is the last of this little work/play jaunt down to Orlando.  I am sorry I missed you folks yesterday.  We had a “rope drop” day. 

Look it up.  Suffice it to say we had an early start!

---

And I was leafing back through some of my past OFH entries for one I wrote about the NEMO show at Animal Kingdom here on the DISNEY compound. 
I thought I would re-share that today since we spent the day there yesterday. 
But after a pretty good search, I couldn’t find it.



Now I am pretty certain I have written a little OFH about one of the messages from this cute and quite creatively presented tale of Nemo, Dory, Marlin, and their journeys, but for some reason I can’t seem to find it this morning.



So, I will just have to “keep swimming” and write another.

For that is one of the messages in the little 30-minute show.



“Just keep swimming”

You know what you gotta do when life gets you down?

Just keep swimming 😊

we’re not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace.  - 2 Corinthians 4:16 (MSG)


Not overly profound.

A familiar message for sure, but one that is often needed.

At least for me.

Life at times can be drowning.

Past problems.

Circumstances.

Pressure.

Anxiety.

Mistakes.

Old habits wanting to creep in and cause trouble.



And yet Paul tells us to “just keep swimming”.

Jesus does too!

Jesus said, “No procrastination. No backward looks. – Luke 9:62 (MSG)



I have some dear friends who recently shot me a text asking Beth and I to “keep swimming” with them as they seek breakthrough.

We will!



I spent some time in the queue fielding texts from friends and clients who needed encouragement to “just keep swimming” toward the treatment, toward the opportunities, and toward the opening doors.

No backward looks!



Friends, the LORD wants us to keep swimming.

He does. Our HOPE is found in it!


We will have our moments when we feel like we are about to be overwhelmed by the current or by the flow, but the LORD says keep going!

Remember!

endurance produces character, and character produces hope…

Romans 5:4 (ESV)


So just keep swimming! 





HAVE A BLESSED WEEKEND!

LOVE YOU ALL

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment