Monday, July 16, 2018

STALWARTS

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



Sorry I missed you folks on Friday.  Sometimes the travel keeps me from the keyboard 😉


Was doing some reflection this morning of recent events and bumped into this passage.

The steps of the God-pursuing ones follow firmly in the footsteps of the Lord, and God delights in every step they take to follow him.  If they stumble badly they will still survive, for the Lord lifts them up with his hands. - Psalm 37:23-24 (TPT)



WOW!

What a powerful reassurance.



The STEPS of the GOD-PURSUING ones…

Another translation calls them ‘stalwarts’ which means a loyal, reliable, and hardworking supporter.



I DESPERATELY want to be a ‘stalwart’ a GOD-PERSUING one when it comes to my faith and my walk with Him. I WANT to do the right things, say the right things, make the right decisions and MOST of all have purity of thought and pursuit.  I want GOD to DELIGHT in EVERY STEP I take to FOLLOW Him.



But I am realist.

Ask my wife maybe TOO MUCH so at times.

I get distracted.

I get selfish.

I sometimes find myself “GREG-PURSUING” rather than “GOD PURSUING”.

That is NOT a good thing. LOL!



But the reassurance of this little passage from our insightful psalmist is a powerful reminder that GOD LOVES EACH AND EVERY STEP we TAKE TO FOLLOW Him and even when those are STUMBLING STEPS, even when those STEPS head in the WRONG direction or OFF THE proper path, we WILL survive.  We will for GOD has us!



This past Friday marked 10 years of sobriety for me. 

I spent more than 15 years stumbling before finding the “path”.  And while there have been detours, even ones inside this most amazing 10 years, I have survived.  In some ways I have thrived.

Why?

Because as this WORD so perfectly says, the LORD has lifted me with HIS HAND. 

…he never wavers in his faithfulness to us – 2 Timothy 2:13 (TPT)



I fail.

He does not.

I stumble. He lifts.



Today I want to encourage you to be a “GOD PURSUER”, a STALWART. 

Let’s both make this day, a PATH PURSUING day! 

And if you leave God’s paths and go astray, you will hear a voice behind you say, “No, this is the way; walk here.” – Isaiah 30:21 (LB)



GOD has us!

GOD is spotting us!

Let’s do our BEST to DELIGHT Him!







HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

LOVE YOU ALL

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment