Wednesday, July 18, 2018

DON'T JUST FLY, SOAR

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



The last couple of days I have had the blessing of being a part of CADCA’S (Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America) Mid-Year training summit in Orlando.  Lots of great conversations with my awesome friends.  So honored to share the ROLE and OPPORTUNITIES for FAITH!



But if you know me and know my family, there would be no way dad could journey anywhere near Disney without some company!



So, some (not quite the 19 that were here in December) of my fam arrived wide-eyed and ready to pull dad away from the work and into a little mini-vacation with our old friend Mickey Mouse.  And if you are a faithful reader/follower of the OFH you know that I often draw on the little quips and quotes uncovered around the property for inspiration.



And yesterday oddly enough while at the DISNEY CO-OP a little specialty store at DISNEY SPRINGS, on a DUMBO DRESS (can’t make that up) no less, I ran across this embroidered on the collar of the dress.



Don’t just FLY, SOAR!



I liked that.

Made me immediately think of…

those who hope in the Lord

will renew their strength.

They will SOAR on wings like eagles;

they will run and not grow weary,

they will walk and not be faint. – Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)



We have the wonderful PROMISE as BELIEVERS, as “HOPERS” in the LORD, to be able to SOAR!



And that reminded of my dear friend Allison’s beautiful home for ladies suffering in addiction, “THE NEST”. (www.thenestrh.org)






She and my good buddy Micah wrote this little song, “Hope Flies”.

Take a second to listen to it. 

Allison's work is ROOTED in helping WOMEN to SOAR! 

It will inspire you!



So that IS the question today, “are you a little saggy”?

A little “grounded”? 

Need a lift?



Grab HOPE in the LORD!  It will give you the wings to fly! 

Dare I say, SOAR!


In almost everything that touches our everyday life on earth, God is pleased when we're pleased. He wills that we be as free as birds to soar and sing our maker's praise without anxiety. Aiden Wilson Tozer



HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

LOVE YOU ALL

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment