Monday, July 23, 2018

FAMILIAR...

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (TPT)

Let joy be your continual feast.

Make your life a prayer.

And in the midst of everything be always giving thanks, for this is God’s perfect plan for you in Christ Jesus.



Sometimes it is the familiar that speaks best.

I like my “familiars”.



I do.

I wouldn’t say I am a creature of habit, but there are things that I have done before or seen before that still cause me to warm up inside.



Case in point.

Last week it was being in Disney.  I know that the “Happiest Place on Earth” isn’t for everyone, but there is a warming familiarity to that place for me.  From the popcorn infused air, to the castle in the distance, to the characters, the shows we have seen numerous times, the characters, the food, the whole thing takes me back to when I was a kid and my folks took me there.

And that familiar FEELS awfully awfully good.



Yesterday my oldest had her BRIDAL SHOWER and it too was DISNEY themed with the best quotes and sprinkled with hidden Mickeys and so much fun! 

And while I wasn’t there I was warmed by all the memories revisited by the prep and creativity. 

I loved it.



So, while this verse I opened today’s OFH is “familiar”, seeing it in the Passion Translation might give it a little freshening; maybe cause you be warmed.

Embrace it today!

Refresh it today!



Friends, joy is ours!

This day is holy to God. Don’t feel bad. The joy of God is your strength!” – Nehemiah 8:10 (MSG)



Make PRAYER a BIG part of today. 

Spend time in that “familiar” spot with GOD.



And lastly GIVE THANKS!

The PASSION paints such a pretty word picture with verse 18.

In the MIDST of EVERYTHING…

GIVE THANKS!



I would hope THESE things are FAMILIAR for you!

EMBRACING JOY!

PRAYER.

THANKSGIVING. 

If not, get them into your “routine”!

Make them familiar.

Doughton once mused that…

“...reflection can TRANSFORM something familiar.”



Reflect on this familiar today. 

I promise it will warm ya!





HAVE A BLESSED WEEKEND!

LOVE YOU ALL

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment