Tuesday, October 23, 2018

DO WE?

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



I was working downstairs in my little “office area” when my wife Beth finally got home from work to grab a quick bite and then head up to the “next thing”.



So, as we were trying to connect and calibrate the rest of last night and today, she shared a little text string she was having with our daughter.



You know you hope the traits you hand down to your children will only be the “good ones”, but unfortunately my anxiety challenges found their way into my little Sam.  So, like me, she sometimes battles her thoughts like I do.  And Beth is astutely aware of our occasional challenge in this area.



And it was during her text string that Beth shared this little song from Lauren Daigle.  And boy does it pack an amazing message for those times when we feel “less than” or when we are not feeling our best.




Check it out…



I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I’m not enough

Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up

Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low?

Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know



You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing

You say I am strong when I think I am weak

You say I am held when I am falling short

When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours

And I believe (I), oh I believe (I)

What You say of me (I)

I believe



The only thing that matters now is everything You think of me

In You I find my worth, in You I find my identity, (ooh oh)



You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing

You say I am strong when I think I am weak

And You say I am held when I am falling short

When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours

And I believe (I), oh I believe (I)

What You say of me (I)

Oh, I believe



Taking all I have and now I'm laying it at Your feet

You have every failure God, and You'll have every victory, (ooh oh)



You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing

You say I am strong when I think I am weak

You say I am held when I am falling short

When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours

And I believe (I), oh I believe (I)

What You say of me (I)

I believe



The question is “do we”?  Do we believe?

Do we when the enemy slips his lies into our psyche?

Do we when our circumstances chip at our confidence?

Do we when we feel alone or disconnected?



We should. We must!

For that little lyric carries so much truth.

GOD DOES INDEED VALUE us!

I am the Creator and you are my creation. I breathed into your nostrils the breath of life (Genesis 2:7). I created you in my own image (Genesis 1:27). I knit you together in your mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13). You are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14)...



The question today is DO WE BELIEVE what HE says?





Have a blessed day!

I love you all.

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment