Wednesday, October 17, 2018

GOD OF THE STORM

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

I was honored yesterday to be a part of the last of (7) FAITH-FOCUSED events with our amazing team from Governor Kasich’s office of Faith-Based initiatives. They along with his regional liaisons are ALL AMAZING and DEAR people to work with.

Yesterday’s event was titled, “Leap to Faith in Recovery”!
WOW what a day!

We hosted it at HOCKING COLLEGE in Athens County and it was quite the success! New folks entering the game. New denominational leaders stepping up in FAITH to make a difference!  I love MC’ing these things!  I do.

And given the last week or so of my life it was a WELCOME return to my heart, helping folks and helping faith.

It has been a tumultuous several days for me.
I have been in the spotlight and the crosshairs on an important issue that is being decided in November.  And that journey, the activities surrounding it, the sacrifices that have had to be made and the “stress” of the politics was taking its toll.  
It has been quite the storm.

That is why “getting back to work” was so refreshing yesterday; that emerging from the “storm” so to speak, so energizing!

I won’t sugar coat this, my faith was and is still being tested.  But GOD hasn’t abandoned.  And as I closed yesterday’s event, I was led to a posting from the “I Hear His Whisper” devotional.  Here is an excerpt I shared as I called the audience to action in the early evening yesterday.

A soaring faith will bring you into My ways. A sagging faith will bring you down into the ways of men—seeing only what man sees and believing only what man believes. My word is greater, My strength is stronger, and My purpose is more glorious than anything found on earth. Never let your faith be set on the words of men, but on the living words of God! As your eyes focus to the new reality, you will see that I am at work in the storm.

GOD has been at work in my storm. 
He has.  I haven't always believed it.
I am a little battered, but I am beginning to see HIS purpose and the new REALITY.

And perhaps you are in your own storm right now.  Read that little excerpt again!
Set your FAITH on GOD’s WORD and remember…
We all experience times of testing (storms), which is normal for every human being. But God will be faithful to you. He will screen and filter the severity, nature, and timing of every test or trial you face so that you can bear it. And each test is an opportunity to trust him more, for along with every trial God has provided for you a way of escape that will bring you out of it victoriously…
1 Corinthians 10:13 (TPT)
And…
“There are some things we learn on stormy seas that we never learn on calm smooth waters. The “God of the Storm” has something to teach us, and His love always drives His actions.” DeaubĂ©

Our job is to HAVE SOARING FAITH through it all.



Have a blessed day!
I love you all.
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment