Friday, October 12, 2018

TIME TO TRUST

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
Forgive me for missing yesterday.
Yesterday was one of those “man makes plans, but GOD has the final word” sort of days. Proverbs 16:33 (MSG)
 
Ever do something and minutes later regret it? 
Make a decision that didn’t feel right in your gut and then have your intuition be validated well down the road?
Been trapped by a choice?
 
Yesterday was one of those days when some of that became true for me and sadly the spider-web I am entangled in is not going to be winsomely escaped. 
 
I am not going to go into any details.
I would ask you to just pray.
 
And I am choosing to lean on some good wisdom as I start to extract myself with hopes of being only lightly scathed.
Wisdom like…
If they stumble badly they will still survive, for the Lord lifts them up with his hands. – Psalm 37:24 (TPT)
 
Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me. Psalm 54:4
 
Failing forward is the ability to get back up after you've been knocked down…and move forward in a better direction. - John C. Maxwell
 
But I ask you, “Have you ever been faced with a ‘no win’ scenario?”
 
I will date myself but who can remember the Kobayashi Maru?  That was from a pretty old STAR TREK movie.  It was a simulation or a training exercise that was programmed to not be “win-able.”  But the illustrious Captain Kirk won by “re-programming” the simulation; cheating sort of.  He just didn’t believe in the “no win scenario”.
 
As I pen this I am feeling like I am in this simulation today, but I don’t have access to the program.  I am facing some things that seem unwinnable. And while I should be feeling somewhat liberated from the regret, there is still repair work to be done.
 
I know I am being a little vague and it is for good reason.  But I share openly with all of you on here because I am certain some of you have faced similar situations.  

Situations where there is no clear-cut answer, no evident solutions. 
These are faith testers.
And Cole said it well when he remarked, “Have faith in GOD for He has faith in you.”
 
Therefore, I am ginning up my faith today.
But I will be honest, the faith fire is not burning very brightly this morning, but it is there.  I need to fan it.
I need to trust.
Trust in the Lord completely,
    and do not rely on your own opinions.
    With all your heart rely on him to guide you,
    and he will lead you in every decision you make.
Become intimate with him in whatever you do,
    and he will lead you wherever you go.
    Don’t think for a moment that you know it all…Proverbs 3:5-6
 
I need to remember that Romans 8:28 didn’t change since yesterday that this too will work out for my good.  The journey is going to be rough, but the learning will be worth it. 
 
I have already learned some valuable lessons.
 
I know I made today a little about me.  But I am confident that as I share someone else will relate and be encouraged to do as I am trying to do. 
 
Trust GOD, trust the process, learn from the journey, and when the GOOD comes acknowledge Him.  GOD indeed has faith in us.  We need to have faith in Him.
 
 
Have a blessed weekend
I love you all.
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment