Friday, October 19, 2018

PROVIDENCE

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



What is that old cliché?

TGIF!

Thank GOD It’s Friday?



I even think there was a bad 70’s movie with that title not to mention a chain restaurant.



But I am saying it today.

Last Friday I was in the middle of a very challenging situation.  And while it has not been easy GOD got me to this Friday and I AM thanking Him.



I have talked about TRUST this week.

I have talked about the FAITHFULNESS of GOD in the STORM this week.

And talked about PEACE this week.



Trust/Faith/Peace.

Swedenborg once commented that…

Peace has in it trust in the Lord, that He governs all things, provides all things, and leads to a good end.


TRUE! 


And while my end is still being written, I can say that GOD has provided during this tumultuous week.  He has sent POWERFUL encouragement from so many sources.  He has provided loving friends who not only cared enough to CHALLENGE me, but also were GENTLE enough to caress my feelings too.



Therefore, the point of today’s thought is very simple. 

When we trust, when we exercise our faith, when we cling to peace, GOD does indeed supply the “rest”.

God will fully satisfy every need you have (Philippians 4:19 TPT)



My needs weren’t of the normal variety this week.

I needed perseverance for the deluge of criticism that was fired at me.  
GOD provided that.

I needed opportunities to serve to reset me.  
GOD provided that!

I needed affirmation that despite the noise and the uncertainty that GOD had my back.  
GOD sent the reinforcements!



Friends, it is easy to forget the providence of GOD sometimes.  But He is sovereign.  Nothing escapes HIS attention.…in HIM all things hold together. – Colossians 1:7 (ESV)

INCLUDING US!



He has held me together this week. 

GOOD thing, because I was failing on my own.  Badly.



But the truth of the matter is GOD does HOLD things together, even in times of GREAT TENSION.  And He can be trusted.

…every detail of our lives is continually woven together to fit into God’s perfect plan of bringing good into our lives…Romans 8:28 (TPT)



So, let me leave this week with a quick “repeat”.

Trust GOD.

Have FAITH.

Seek PEACE.

And then LET GOD be GOD.

If you're sincerely seeking God, God will make His existence evident to you. - William Lane Craig







Have a blessed weekend!

I love you all.

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment