Thursday, October 17, 2013

HOPE HAMMER


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“Will it get better GOD? Is there light at the end of the tunnel? I really DOUBT it is ever going to improve.”
“He lost his job…
The notice is on the door…
The funds are depleted…
The kid’s winter clothes don’t fit…
I’ve had peanut butter the last 3 nights in a row…
They gave me til Friday to come up with what?...”
Wow…
“I doubt I can make it.”
And while those weren’t the words just one person, they were the words I heard yesterday while sitting behind the desk at the JEREMIAH TREE. All of them desperate all of them flecked with doubt.
Without question doubt is a powerful and negative emotion. It does it best to strip us of the one thing that can defeat it…HOPE!
Do you ever catch yourself being brought down by doubt?
Do you?
DEFEND yourself!
Stop doubting and starting hoping! It works!
Titus 1:2
(GOD) gives hope of life that lasts forever. God promised this before the world began. He cannot lie.
So our HOPE like “they say” can spring eternal, our HOPE should never run out, our HOPE is in a “forever” life! Our HOPE is assured! So let’s defeat that doubt and HAMMER it with hope!
Psalm 31:24
So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord!
Psalm 33:20
We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield.
Psalm 37:34
Put your hope in the Lord. Travel steadily along his path. He will honor you…
Psalm 130:5
I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word.
Don’t kid yourselves. Over and over again the enemy tries to fill our heads with doubt. Remember doubt is destructive. It fills us with uncertainty. The enemy wants you to focus on all the negatives, to rock your faith and hope with circumstance after circumstance. He starts with doubt hoping to lead to discouragement.
But when we counter all of that doubt with HOPE we hammer it with HOPE-FILLED CERTAINTY; GOD’S love for us!
Jeremiah 31:3
…I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.
So don’t doubt.
Not today.
Place your hope FIRMLY in the LORD. With FAITH be reminded of GOD’s unfailing and everlasting love for you! Nothing has changed with that!
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
And “OUT” all that doubt; HAMMER it with hope!
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment