Thursday, October 3, 2013

NEXT!



Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“I am trying to be hopeful; I am trying to believe. But I am so confused right now. What is GOD doing with me?”
Those are words from a client yesterday at the JEREMIAH TREE. She is emerging from a temporary stint with unemployment and homelessness. But praise GOD yesterday we were putting pen to paper for her new home and a new start. And believe me I don’t know if starting over when the birthdays start with the number 5 would be so easy for me. So I didn't blame her for her apprehension. But while she was fearful and to be honest quite tearful, I was determined to not let fear get the best of her. I encouraged her to trust GOD for “what was next.” And after some tear-filled prayer, she was ready to try.
I am proud of my friend. I am praying for her resolve. The enemy would like nothing better than to see her let “fear” creep in and to stop believing. So we are praying for the NEW HORIZON and the NEW day that GOD has for her and walking in faith for GOD’s NEXT!
GOD encourages all of us to trust HIM for “WHAT’S NEXT”; to walk in faith and courage just as Jesus did! In fact GOD calls us to emulate Jesus, to stay steady with eyes on the FATHER and trust in our hearts for that "NEXT"!
Hebrews 12:2
…Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we’re in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God...
Often when we are faced by life’s twists and unexpected turns it is easy to get our eyes off of Jesus and back on the circumstances. It is easy to begin to waver in our faith and make feeble attempts to carve out our own futures and expectations. But GOD reminds us that HE is at work in us and that we should trust Him for those NEXT things in our lives!
Philippians 1:6
I am sure that the good work God began in you will continue until he completes it on the day when Jesus Christ comes again.
Perhaps you are a little unsure of what is next for you just as my friend was yesterday. Don’t fret.
GOD loves you deeply. GOD only wants the best for you. GOD is constantly and consistently by your side, ready to take your hand into the next unknown.
Don’t let the enemy lie to you thinking your best days are behind you or that your usefulness has expired. Just the contrary is true. You are a wonderful “work in progress”, a blessed child with unlimited hope and possibilities.
So with courage and conviction GO to GOD today and pray He will show you “what’s next”!
Romans 8:15
This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It’s adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike“What’s next, Papa?” God’s Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children. And we know we are going to get what’s coming to us—an unbelievable inheritance!
It is going to be awesome!
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment