Tuesday, April 1, 2014

HE IS GOOD-March 31st

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Long drives are usually good times for thinking. Yesterday was no exception. Rolling along down 75S, the car was quiet car sans the banter going back and forth about the day’s upcoming NCAA Tournament games.

In my ride was Beth, Ian, Sam and one of Sam’s best buddies, Tiff, one of the 7 adopted daughters who were traveling south with me. The rest were closely behind.

I know I wrote some time ago about the wonderful experience of announcing many of these girls at the Senior Night for Xenia Girls Soccer and the blessing that that was. However, where my mind was going yesterday was back to that place of enormous gratitude. These kids are like my own. Some even call me Papa Smurf. That makes me smile every time.

GOD is good.

Then as we pulled into a little cabin in the woods where the girls are spending a few senior days together before graduation and after unpacking I had them go out on to the balcony for a picture. What a memory. What a restoration.

GOD is good.

That little moment just culminated a day of “grateful thinking” for me. I didn’t deserve their forgiveness. I didn’t deserve their trust. Nope, not at all. Yet there they were offering their gratitude, facing beaming, toothy, but tired smiles across their faces. I will admit. I tear up.

I share this with you today to encourage you to pause and reflect on the simple joys GOD is granting you today. GOD daily shows His love for each of us in some of the simplest ways.

Pretty sunrise?
A snuggle on the couch with someone special?
A second chance?
A group of goofy hyperactive teen girls getting ready for a sugar-laden feast and silliness…

GOD never continues to “do good” and “be good” for us.

Psalm 34:8
See for yourself the way his mercies shower down on all who trust in him.

It is easy, especially on a Monday to be so caught up in the "to do’s" and agenda to forget to pause and see GOD’s mercy and love. I also realize you may be struggling with life and things right now too and perhaps that makes it tough to see anything good at all.

But don’t miss the good that GOD promises today.
It is out there.
GOD does promise it.

Psalm 31:9
…you have stored up great blessings for those who trust and reverence you.

He is GOOD.

I love you all!
Have a great day…
Freedom Church


Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment