Monday, April 28, 2014

"SHOWING OFF'

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
For the first 4 and ½ years or so of my recovery I was unable to play golf due to the damage I caused to myself from excessive drinking.  I suffer from alcoholic neuropathy. And while it hasn’t improved substantially, I made the decision to not allow the enemy to steal the joy I get from playing a round of golf.  So in spite of occasionally having the club go flying out of my hand or the “next day stiffness”, I have been playing golf.
 
Now golf for me these days is as much about the camaraderie and the company as it is about the scorecard.  I am not the golfer I used to be.  Not by any stretch.  But I love my rounds today more than ever.  First of all, I can remember most of them.  That wasn’t the case in my past. And I get to spend some time with great folks.
 
Yesterday was one of those days.
 
Lovely spring day.  Nice place to play (complete with affordable “still offseason” rate) and a nice group of fellas to hit it with.
 
And while the round was nothing to write home about, there was a moment during the round that was.
 
We got to talking about the blessings of GOD in our lives; times when GOD’s faithfulness and provision became tangible.
 
I shared my story of “the check”. (An earlier DISPATCH from around Christmas you can look it up on the blog page - ahopxenia.com - FREEDOM tab).  Then one of the fellas shared a story about when faced with a seemingly insurmountable debt, he hit his knees and GOD provided!  That inspired another story about a kind nurse who after meeting his son with innumerable health challenges since birth was compelled to help their family at the perfect time with the perfect amount.
 
Philippians 4:19
Amplified Bible (AMP)
19 And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
 
What was remarkable about each account is that “what was needed” when asked for in faith, was supplied!  In fact in each situation it was almost to “the penny”.  That prompted one of the men in the group to say in his case it was “GOD SHOWING OFF”.
 
But you know what? GOD loves to “show off”.
Ephesians 3:20
Living Bible (TLB)
20 Now glory be to God, who by his mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of—infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes.
 
GOD is still in the business of “showing off” we just need to be paying attention; watching and appreciating those around us who, by faith, have seen GOD do the impossible.
 
I mean just yesterday GOD showed off to me with:
A once hopeless orphan being baptized.
A 68 year old angry alcoholic becoming a gentle warrior for Christ.
And 3 suspect golfers sharing His wonderful provision and impact.
 
And that was between 12 and 7pm!
Mark 10:27
…with God everything is possible.
 
So let me ask. Are you facing impossibility today?  Is there a debt that seems beyond reconciliation? Is there a crisis that seems destined for disaster?  Have faith! EXERCISE IT! Trust the truth of GOD that EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE!
 
I believe GOD is warming up to to “show off a little” more…
 
I love you all!
HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
Freedom Church
 
Pastor GDelaney
 

No comments:

Post a Comment