Thursday, August 25, 2016

SHARE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“Love is not patronizing and charity isn't about pity, it is about love. Charity and love are the same -- with charity you give love, so don't just give money but reach out your hand instead.” – Mother Teresa

There is the assignment for today…

For I love what she says “with charity you GIVE love…(you) REACH out your hand."

Make sure you don’t take things for granted and go slack in working for the common good; share what you have with others. God takes particular pleasure in acts of worship—a different kind of “sacrifice”—that take place in kitchen and workplace and on the streets. - Hebrews 13:16 (MSG)

I was sitting at a table of four at a Pastor’s event Tuesday. They had asked me to come and share a little bit about the opiate issue which I did. But at my little table of Pastor’s I asked them why they believed that the church was still a little late to help with the recent escalation in drug challenges.

I got a very interesting answer from the fella to my left.

“It requires more than just money, it requires investment and investment is messy.  We don’t care much for messy.”

Ouch.
But is he right?
By the way, he has his Masters in both theology as well as counseling/discipleship.  So he “knew messy” and he knew “church”.  And yet he like Mother Teresa and the writer of Hebrews agrees that often love sometimes demands “a different kind of sacrifice” or a “hand” as well as money.

I get it. 

It is much easier to donate than dive in.  But if GOD takes pleasure as the passage suggests when “we share”, when “we share” in the street, the marketplace and even the kitchen then we should be sharing as well as giving!  Sharing time, sharing talent, sharing insight, sharing sweat, and sharing opportunities!

And why not? 
There is truly no risk, only blessing when we share; when we give! 
Luke 6:38 (ESV)
…give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

I know it can be messy.
I know it can be unappreciated.
I know it can be discouraging.
I know it can go unnoticed.

Share anyway.  GOD said so.

Love is . . . Giving and taking in a daily situation, Being patient with each other's needs and desires. LOVE IS THE SOURCE OF SHARING. – Shultz

So there it is. 
The encouragement for today; the OPPORTUNITY.

Share. Give. Reach. Love.

I love you ALL!
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment