Friday, December 2, 2016

GO DEEPER

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

She talked about how nervous she was.
She knew in her heart and spirit that GOD was calling her into a deeper place, a new place, and a very uncomfortable place.  She knew what GOD was saying, but it didn’t make sense.

“GOD, I am woman late in life, they won’t be.  I don’t have any history like theirs.  What would I say?  How would we relate? I don’t have the right training.  They won’t respond to someone like me”, she kept saying.

For her she was finding lots and lots of reasons “why not” and seemingly not too many reasons as to “why to”. 

Yet as the Lord pressed, she became more certain that either she was going to step in obedience or be vexed by the “calling”.  So, in a moment of nervousness and apprehension, she said to her husband, “I think I am going to start ministering to women in the jail.”

And GOD, being so good and having things so well in hand, encouraged her equally obedient husband to do nothing but agree and support the effort.

That was 9 months or so ago and since then this little “preschool teacher, church-lady type” is discipling, ministering and bringing immeasurable hope to some of Highland County’s most challenged and disenfranchised.

She decided to “launch into the deep” as Jesus had asked. – Luke 5:4

Though fearful and nervous, hesitant, and apprehensive, she listened to the voice of the Lord and went deeper than ever before, even a little over her head if you want to know.

Now she wants our help to open a home for “her ladies” who have fulfilled their obligations to give those who “have no place”, a place.  Another step into very deep water for her AND her husband this time.  And me and my team(s) are honored to encourage her, connect her and be a part of what GOD has in mind.

Her story reminded me of Pastor Anna’s remarks and song from last Sunday.  Pastor Anna referenced the passage from EZEKIEL about a journey into some ever-deepening water.  Ezekiel 47

The river here is a metaphor for the Holy Spirit. “GOD” was leading Ezekiel, first into shallow waters, and then into deeper waters. As believers, we begin our walk as babes in shallow water. The more we walk with the Lord, He takes us to deeper places in Him.

So, my friend was and is willing to go deeper and thus her life, her purpose and her impact is being advanced and enhanced!

What about you today?
Have you gotten comfortable?
Staying in the shallow end of the pool preferable?

Is it time to begin seeking GOD for some deeper water?
He won’t leave you to be overwhelmed.
Instead he WILL take good care of you, bless you and others!

“Over My Head” – Jenn Johnson
I have come to this place in my life
I’m full but I’ve not satisfied
This longing to have more of You
And I can feel it my heart is convinced
I’m thirsty my soul can’t be quenched
You already know this but still
Come and do whatever You want to

I’m standing knee deep but I’m out where I've never been
And I feel You coming and I hear Your voice on the wind

Would you come and tear down the boxes that I have tried to put You in
Let love come teach me who You are again
Would you Take me back to the place where my heart
Was only about You And all I wanted was just to be with You?
Come and do whatever You want to

Further and further my heart moves away from the shore
Whatever it looks like, whatever may come I am Yours
Further and further my heart moves away from the shore
Whatever it looks like, whatever may come I am Yours




I love you all.
Have a blessed weekend!!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment