Thursday, December 8, 2016

IT'S CONTAGIOUS

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Attitudes are contagious. Is yours worth catching? -  Mannering

I have had the pleasure over the past 2 or 3 months since being pressed to advance my efforts of collaboration and outreach to have met some amazing folks; folks who have very CONTAGIOUS POSITIVE attitudes.

Business folks with a heart for the hurting ready to put their money where their heart is.

Passionate women who are no longer content to sit on the sidelines and are wading into service with great faith and great fire.

My colleagues in the political arena who despite so many roadblocks and endless red tape embrace an attitude of perseverance and persistence to make a difference to get the job not just started but done.

Those attitudes those “can do” spirits, those persistent passions ARE contagious.  
They fuel me.

They fuel me for the conversations like the one I had with a young lady earlier in the week who had 90 days clean from narcotics but was fearing failure if she returned to her old haunts.  
I could share the attitude of “hope” found from the solutions being created by those amazing women dedicated to helping.

They fuel me for conversations like the one last night with a mother and a teacher who was deeply frustrated and concerned for her community who is in deep denial as to the epidemic around them.  Being able to share that “can do” attitude caught from my positive colleagues, I think we are going to be able to move the needle in her community from apathy to awareness to action!

The point of today’s little encouragement is this.
There is an old/old saying…
“It's your ATTITUDE not your APTITUDE that ultimately determines your ALTITUDE!” ― Zig Ziglar
  
And the good news my friends is folks who embrace a positive attitude are not just “contagious” they are blessed! 
be like those who, because of their faith and patience, will get what God has promised. – Hebrews 6:12 (ERV)
They inspire others!
Shine like stars across the land – Philippians 2:15 (V)

I realize that times are tumultuous.
I realize that the news isn’t always awesome.
I realize we live in some of the most polarizing times on record.
But…
Circumstances do not make you what you are; they reveal what you are!” – John Maxwell
Circumstances can be altered with the right attitude!
And one thing we TRULY CAN control is the attitude we will embrace and demonstrate as we navigate them.

Robert Schuller once said, “The good news is that the bad news can be turned into good news when you change your attitude.”

So, the message is “short and sweet” today.
How’s your attitude this morning?

Remember it is contagious.

I love you all.
Have a blessed DAY!!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE 

No comments:

Post a Comment