Tuesday, December 6, 2016

WHERE IS YOUR FAITH

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

After dumping on him with a 5-minute diatribe about my current confusion all he had to say was “Where is your faith?"

Her post said this…
I so desperately want people to get this. I'm tired of death. I'm sick of addiction. I want to help people more than ever. When I'm counseling, I pray that people will see Jesus in my eyes. Then I ask them to look in my eyes. Most have told me or someone else later that they saw Jesus. They leave anyway. I don't know what else to do.

And several folks including me, said “Keep your faith”!  I even included a little passage or two for good measure even though 2 hours later my faith was rightfully and lovingly being called into question.

It is often easier to encourage OTHERS to keep their faith in their circumstances isn't it? 
But are we quick to heed our own advice or counsel when our faith is being tested or when our circumstances demand that we stay steady in truth and faith?
Probably not.

Ironically the man who was telling me to “listen to myself” as I lamented and questioning my faith was a mentee.  And here I thought I was his mentor and his answer man.  Guess not.  At least not yesterday.  He was the one sent to encourage and remind me of some of the same things I had shared from GOD with him many times before!
But he was right.
He is right.
When the pressure is on, we need to “remember our faith”.

For the enemy loves to play upon the chaos.
The enemy loves to discourage.
In fact, we should expect it.
And it is in those times that much faith is required!

For example, later today I have a very difficult assignment, one that is completely out of my scope of expertise and abilities.  I need faith!  For without faith that GOD will help me through the challenge, I WILL fail, chaos will win.

George Washington said it this way, 
We must never despair; our situation has been compromising before, and it has changed for the better; so, I trust it will again."

So I must trust.  We all must trust.

And the truth of the matter is this…
Battles are fought in our minds every day. When we begin to feel, the battle is just too difficult and want to give up, we must choose to resist negative thoughts and be determined to rise above our problems. We must decide that we’re not going to quit. When we’re bombarded with doubts and fears, we must take a stand and say: ‘I’ll never give up! God’s on my side. He loves me, and He’s helping me! I’m going to make it!’ ~ Joyce Meyer

Therefore, we must continuously ask ourselves when faced with the challenges or when dealing with disappointments or confusion, “Where is our faith?”

God knows our situation; He will not judge us as if we had no difficulties to overcome. What matters is the sincerity and perseverance of our will to overcome them. ~ C.S. Lewis

So, what about you?  
Going through some "tough to explain" stuff? 
Confused? Life getting a little chaotic or disappointing?

Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous.
Be strong. - 1 Corinthians 16:13 (NLT)

For faith is exactly what you need.


I love you all.
Have a blessed DAY!!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment