Monday, May 22, 2017

GRADE A

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
I will ask the Father and he will give you another Comforter, and he will never leave you.
He is the Holy Spirit…John 14:16-17 (ERV)
 
I was pleasantly surprised yesterday at church when Anna, the “mother of AHOP” was given a chance to expand on her message from the week before.  If you go back and look at last Monday’s OFH, I was bemoaning a little because I had wished she had more time to share her “download” from the Lord with us.
 
And while I took a little needling from our Pastor Mark about expressing my desire to hear a little more from Anna, it was worth it.  And from what I can gather, I wasn’t alone in expressing that request, so thank you Mark for allowing Anna to share a little more yesterday.  And while sadly, I was the one with a tight timeline yesterday and was unable to take the entire “2nd act” in, I was blessed to pull A few things from the talk to share with us today.
 
Go back to that passage from John. 
Today friends, be reminded, you have the Holy Spirit on board ready to provide some GRADE A help, direction, and comfort.
 
He is ready to ACCOMPANY you!
He is ready to ASSIST you!
He is ready to ADVISE you!
He is ready to ADVOCATE for you when you miss the mark!
He is ready to ADVANCE you!
 
Why?
Because He deeply APPRECIATES you.  He was given as a gift to you after all. (Luke 11:13 TLB)
 
Anna even referred to the GREEK as another way to describe HOLY SPIRIT yesterday.  Paracletus.  Which RE-EMPHASIZES the helpful nature and calling of the Holy Spirit that indwells those who have accepted the Lord; that He is a constant ALLY.
 
I would guess that you are getting the GRADE A theme by now. 
I hope the help you to remember just how AMAZING the Holy Spirit truly is!
And yet right before I was pressed to leave yesterday, Anna recalled another important role of the Holy Spirit in each of us.
 
When we ALLOW the Holy Spirit to lead, to direct, to comfort, to advocate, to offer wisdom, to have first-place in our day, actions, words, deeds, and such, we will exude an AURA.  What I am saying is that when we engage the Holy Spirit, when He is allowed to shine through us, even in the simplest of transactions and interactions, we WILL share an AURA that honors GOD, even GLORIFIES GOD.
 
We all show the Lord’s glory, and we are being changed to be like him. This change in us brings more and more glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit – 2 Corinthians 3:18 (ERV)
 
Therefore, the question is will you embrace this GRADE A help today?
Ready to have your AURA reflect Him? 
Remember:
having the Holy Spirit inside us, we can spread the Kingdom of God wherever we go” – Adelaja
 
And that is certainly a GRADE A ASSIGNMENT!
 
 
Have a blessed DAY!
I love you all!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE
 

No comments:

Post a Comment