Wednesday, January 23, 2013

CHURNS YOUR BUTTER



Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
What lights your fire? Churns your butter? Get’s your juices flowing? Jazzes you up?
Now before you answer and perhaps embarrass yourself, remember this is the DAILY DISPATCH…
Really what I am asking is what are you passionate about; what has priority for you?
Is it your work?
Maybe it is your family or social status.
Might even be your golf game or that favorite team.
What is that thing you prioritize, write in ink on your schedule, or miss a meeting for?
Come on be honest Buckeye fans; Wildcat and Tide faithful. Be honest Zumba-ites!
What really trips your trigger?
Serving JESUS come to mind?
OUCH!
I know I just said ouch to myself. I don’t like it when these little snippets in the morning get ME in their crosshairs and score a direct hit.
But be honest with yourself this morning. Are you passionate about your relationship with Jesus? Willing to ink Him into the day planner? Willing to miss a meeting in lieu of a session with the Savior of the planet?
Sometimes we need to reset don’t we? Re-evaluate our passions and priorities a smidgen.
I meand can we claim the same kind of passion David showed today?
Psalm 63
God, you are my God.
I am searching so hard to find you.
Body and soul, I thirst for you
in this dry and weary land without water.
2 Yes, I have seen you in your Temple.
I have seen your strength and glory.
3 Your faithful love is better than life,
so my lips praise you.
4 By my life, I will praise you.
In your name, I lift my hands in prayer.
5 When I sit down to satisfy my hunger,
my joyful lips hunger to praise you!
6 I remember you while lying on my bed.
I think about you in the middle of the night.
7 That is because you are the one who helps me.
It makes me happy to be under your protection!
8 I stay close to you,
and you hold me with your powerful arm.
Now that is passion!
Perhaps today is a good day to take a step back from life and reset a priority or two. Perhaps this morning is a good time to re-stoke our passion for the GOD who gives us life and opportunity.
Perhaps today we need to...
1 Chronicles 28:9
…get to know...God; serve him with a whole heart and eager mind, for God examines every heart and sees through every motive. If you seek him, he’ll make sure you find him…
Sounds like a plan for me.
You?
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment