Tuesday, January 15, 2013

FINE? NO, BLESSED!

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
"How are you doing today?"
“FINE” you say?
I remember George Carlin saying that only HAIR was “fine”.
However we do love to convince everyone that we are “fine” don’t we?
Kind of like this old pirate…
A pirate walked into a bar and the bartender said, "Hey, I haven't seen you in a while. What happened? You look terrible".
What do you mean?" said the pirate, "I feel fine"
"What about the wooden leg? You didn't have that before."
"Well, we were in a battle and I got hit with a cannon ball, but I’m fine now".
"Well, ok, but what about that hook? What happened to your hand?"
"We were in another battle. I boarded a ship and got into a sword fight. My hand was cut off. I got fitted with a hook. I'm fine, really".
"What about that eye patch?"
"Oh, one day we were at sea and a flock of birds flew over I looked up and one of them pooped in my eye".
"You're kidding," said the bartender, "you couldn't lose an eye just from some bird doo-doo?"
"It was my first day with the hook"
Not too "fine" after all huh?
How's about today instead of answering with the usual “fine”, we take a page from a good friend of mine, GAGA (and yes she was GAGA way before Lady GAGA).
My "GAGA" is in her 90’s and without fail, GAGA answers the old “how you doing question with”…
“I AM BLESSED.”
Why? She knows she is blessed! And guess what? So ARE WE!
We are WAY WAY more than just fine!
Those of us in CHRIST have been and continue to be blessed amazingly each day!
So we can't just settle for "fine" can we?
Proverbs 10:6
The godly are showered with blessings
Ephesians 1:3
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.
So today if someone asks you the old “how are you doing”, shock them a little! Take a page from my sweet dear GAGA and give them an “I'M BLESSED”.
Maybe they will ask you why and you can give them a little glimpse of GOD and His blessings!
Psalm 31:19
Lord, you have hidden away many wonderful things for your followers.You have done so many good things for those who trust in you.
You have blessed them so that all the world can see.
BE BLESSED!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment