Thursday, January 3, 2013

REFRESH




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
What is this day 3, or 300?
What do I mean?
I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you that since that little ball dropped on all of those “happy” folks surrounding Time Square (I did that ONCE BTW and that was enough), things around here have gotten a little, well wacky.
I mean a couple of days into 2013 and I am longing for the “old-fashioned”chaos of 2012…*:) happy
That got me to thinking about the importance of daily renewal. God makes it clear. He is the source of refreshing and renewal and strength. Sadly however we often neglect to tap into HIS STRENGTH and HIS PROVISION each day. We instead often settle for trying to slug it out on our own.
Yet GOD promises that…
2 Thessalonians 2:16
…the Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father will comfort you and strengthen you in every good thing you do
Psalm 23:3
...he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.
Jeremiah 31:25
I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.
Makes me wonder why we fail to grab that supernatural surge that is right there for the claiming each and every day!
Psalm 103:5
...He wraps you in goodness—beauty eternal. He renews...
We definitely should be, right?
I know it must seem odd to think that someone could be needing refreshment so early in this New Year.
But the reality is that many of us haven’t paused for any refreshing.
The bustle of the holidays has now bled into the turn of the calendar and what should have been a time of refreshing was bulldozed by cadre of commitments and busyness. It has left many of us "unprepared" for the new challenges of a new year.
So here is my encouragement for you and myself as well. Take a second to collect yourself before jumping back into the mix today. I am doing that right now.
Pause and pray. Seek this strength and renewal that GOD has promised for this day. Let it wash over you. Let it invigorate you. Let it energize you.
Here is our prayer!
2 Thessalonians 2:17
…May Jesus himself and God our Father, who reached out in love and surprised you with gifts of unending help and confidence, put a fresh heart in you, invigorate your work, enliven your speech.
Let's go!
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment