Friday, March 13, 2015

JOY AHEAD

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Old wounds. “Soul sores.”
Past issues still causing present pains.
The enemy can be ruthless.  He can use hurts we “thought were forgotten” to inflict present pain and sadness; to impede our progress; to cause us to DOUBT GOD’S promises.
The calendar was “full” yesterday 12+ hours of meetings and old wounds was clearly the topic.

“I have always been an angry person that settles things forcibly, why change now?”

“I know that happened a long time ago, but it still haunts me and keeps me stuck with no hope of something better.”

“When ‘that happens’, this is how I have always handled it.”

“I thought to myself, why not, this Jesus thing doesn’t seem to be ‘working’ at all.”

Lots of old wounds causing continued pain and old reactions hoping for new results. It is a little insane.

A wise man said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a new result. So it is “insane” to think that old wounds are going to heal by doing the same old things; it is insane to think old reactions are going to produce NEW RESULTS.

Friends, GOD is in the business of NEW THINGS.  Let’s take Him at HIS WORD!
Isaiah 43:19 (NIV)
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?

Why continue to allow our past mistakes and hurts to dictate our present events and decisions?

“My marriage can’t turn the corner because it just can’t”.
GOD WANTS TO DO A NEW THING!

“This temper of mine will never come under control”
GOD WANTS TO DO A NEW THING!

“I haven’t shown him/her grace in 35 years, I don’t plan to start now.”
GOD WANTS TO DO A NEW THING!

“I will always be what I have always been”
GOD WILL DO A NEW THING!

“How can I fix this relationship that has been broken?"
2 Corinthians 5:16-18 (MSG)
…anyone united with the Messiah gets a fresh start, is created new. The old life is gone; a new life burgeons! Look at it! All this comes from the God who settled the relationship between us and him, and then called us to settle our relationships with each other.

Friend, it is time for you too to let the past be the past?
GOD has.
Isaiah 65:17 (MSG)
All the earlier troubles, chaos, and pain are things of the past, to be forgotten. Look ahead with joy.

SEE THAT?
To BE FORGOTTEN. 
Why keep remembering them when JOY is ahead?  
That is RIGHT! It is INSANE! GOD IS BECKONING US TO NEW THINGS!

Embrace them!
Romans 8:14 (MSG)
…get on with your new life. God’s Spirit beckons. There are things to do and places to go!
JOY IS AHEAD not BEHIND!
 
I love you all.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
FREEDOM CHURCH

No comments:

Post a Comment