Wednesday, March 25, 2015

MORE OF YOU - 3.24 POST

MORE OF YOU
Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
The strength of a man consists in finding out the way in which God is going, and going in that way too.” ~ Henry Ward Beecher…
“I just want more GOD”, he said with conviction.
And coming from the mouth of this brother, a statement like that I can bank on.
Counseling folks who are battling the biological, psychological, sociological and spiritual challenge of addiction can often be demoralizing. This is especially true when the one on the other side of the desk is still blinded by denial or refusing to own their part of their challenge.
That is not the case with my friend quoted above.
He is a delight to work with.
Never denies. Quick to own. Open to change.
And yesterday when he made that statement, I believe him. I know he will take some of the tools and suggestions we unearthed in our session and apply them, use them, embrace them and employ them.
Why?
He wants MORE from life than a crystal meth hit and profit.
He wants MORE from life than being hazy from pain medication and booze.
He wants more from life than just meaningless “encounters” if you will.
So just as John surmised…
He (GOD) must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less. (John 3:30)
…my friend wants the same. He wants less self and more spirit in his life.
He wants more GOD.
How about us?
Is that our desire this morning?
More GOD?
Why not? After all...
Matthew 5:6 (AMP)
Blessed and fortunate and happy and spiritually prosperous…are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness (uprightness and right standing with God), for they shall be completely satisfied!
After my friend left, I was reminded of an old Gaither song.
“More of You, more of You…
I’ve had all but what I need, just more of you.
Of “things” I’ve had my fill and yet I hunger still
Empty and bare, Lord hear my prayer
For MORE of YOU!”
Are you hungry?
Do you wish to see where GOD is going and go there too?
Do you want MORE?
I love you all
FREEDOM CHURCH

No comments:

Post a Comment