Tuesday, March 3, 2015

LET GOD

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“I know GOD I have baggage, but I am trusting You that I can lay it down.”
“I want Your will even if it means jail for me.”
“We need covering”
“I am standing on 3:5-6 Pastor.”
“I want regardless whatever happens that people see you GOD.”

Trust.
Dependency.
Surrender.
Each one facing some level of crisis or trial.
Each one knowing that “things were beyond” their control, their influence, and their manipulation.

And instead of pushing harder or relying on old tactics or old methods, each was opting to trust; each one was opting to “let go and let GOD”.
And while that seems a little clichéd and overused, even in this little forum of the DISPATCH, it is a lesson we all need again and again.

“We must cease striving and trust God to provide what He thinks is best and in whatever time He chooses to make it available. But this kind of trusting doesn't come naturally. It's a spiritual crisis of the will in which we must choose to exercise faith.”
― Charles R. Swindoll

I am proud of my friends who uttered these little quotes yesterday.  I know GOD is as well.  They showed some “real faith”!

Yet why is it that this surrender, those prayerful request for providence and covering and that whole “Thy will be done” attitude so hard to exercise or to implement?
Why when we have a GOD who never leaves.
Why when we have a GOD who holds on to us through ALL of the challenges and all of the trials never once wavering in His commitment or grip?
Romans 8:38-39
I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Hard to figure out huh?

Pause and take a hard look at what you are facing today.
Have you been fighting to stay afloat? Is your will trying to win? Perhaps you have been trying to manipulate the situation and like the old vaudevillian plate spinner the plates are slowing down and some are crashing to the ground.
Take a page from my friends.

Surrender the fight.
Move past the manipulation.

Trust the TRUTH.
Hebrews 4:10 (MSG)
God is doing what is best for us, training us to live God’s holy best.
Psalms 16:11 (NIV)
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence…

And let Him be GOD…!
 
I love you all
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment