Wednesday, March 11, 2015

LOVE COMMITMENT

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“Love is a commitment that will be tested in the most vulnerable areas of spirituality, a commitment that will force you to make some very difficult choices. It is a commitment that demands that you deal with your lust, your greed, your pride, your power, your desire to control, your temper, your patience, and every area of temptation that the Bible clearly talks about. It demands the quality of commitment that Jesus demonstrates in His relationship to us.” Ravi Zacharias

Unpack that one for a second.
Chew on that.
That one will cause one to pause.
That one requires some "time in the mirror" as I like to say; self-examination.

"IF I love Jesus then I need to “deal” with things differently." "Don't I?"
"IF I love Jesus then I need to say NO more than I know I have been doing." "Don't I?"
"IF I love Jesus I MUST “demonstrate” it when under pressure and faced with temptations." "Don't I?"

I need to ask myself for example, when ever would my lusting demonstrate a commitment or love for CHRIST when He clearly states…
Matthew 5:28
But I say to you that every man who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her—in his heart.

When ever would my unchecked pride or selfish ego be a sign of affection to JESUS?
James 4:6 (NIV)
...Scripture says: “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”

The point is this, if my mind is “occupied with other things” how can my heart focus on loving CHRIST?
It can’t.

Ravi hits us between the eyes with that little quote. At least he does me.
This one too..."Trust is an act of the mind, while obedience is an act of the hands and feet."

Our commitment to LOVE has to be DEMONSTRATED in our choices to walk obediently.  That is how JESUS walked. We must do our best each day to do the same.
John 14:21 (PHILIPPS)
“Every man/woman who knows my commandments and obeys them is the man/woman who really loves me, and every man/woman who really loves me will himself be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and make myself known to him/her.”

It is important with the dawn of each new day to “check our commitment” level.  
I know I must. Thanking, praising, cooperating, agreeing, praying are there at the top of EACH DISPATCH for a reason!

I get distracted, tempted, and diverted. Those things like power and desire to control hamstring me more days that I would ever care to admit.

But Jesus deserves my LOVE, OUR LOVE and that becomes evident via our walk and our commitment.

So where does that leave us this morning?  
In a GREAT place.
We have been given another day and CHANCE to "show" our commitment; show our love.

Which is all HE has ever asked for anyway.
Matthew 22:37
Jesus replied, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind."


I love you all.

FREEDOM CHURCH

No comments:

Post a Comment