Thursday, June 4, 2015

FACE IT FAITHFULLY

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts."  — Eleanor Roosevelt

You have seen this one on the DISPATCH before.  
Maybe several times in fact.  
But sometimes it bears repeating.  We can be a daft and forgetful lot.

Temptation overtake you yesterday?  
A new day is here. New strength, new possibilities are waking with the dawn.
Facing old foe? 
When your eyes opened, new strength for that old nemesis opened with them!
Deuteronomy 20:4 (MSG)
In a few minutes you’re going to do battle with your enemies. Don’t waver in resolve. Don’t fear. Don’t hesitate. Don’t panic. God, your God, is right there with you, fighting with you against your enemies, fighting to win.

“I'm trying to reach out…more issues I know it’s the devil…I don't know where to turn…I'm overwhelmed and freaking out…I am hurt angry and devastated…”

That is a REAL life “excerpt” from a “real life” exchange yesterday. 
June 3rd won in this instance.  
But that doesn’t mean June 4th stands an equal chance.

That is why today I am encouraging this individual to NOT fear!  
To have RESOLVE! To NOT PANIC!
Why?
Because GOD is RIGHT here with HIS NEW DAY, offering NEW strength and PROVEN truths to see this person through it.

Don't think so?

Already this morning a partner has opened their door and hand to this crisis.  Already this morning PROVISION has come in the form of an envelope on my desk. Already this morning the crucial experience of another who was in the SAME boat a few days ago and MADE it through and forward is part of the solution!

That is NEW strength!
That is PROVEN truth!
2 Corinthians 1:4 (MSG)
…He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else…

I know my panicked pal is not the only who experienced a yesterday wrought with trouble and trial.  I know that because there were 4 or 5 others who stopped by the AHOP office yesterday in frighteningly similar boats.  In fact my own boat looked a little leaky before the sun set as my own weaknesses poked a hole or two.

But I am TRUSTING GOD for the NEW STRENGTH and the NEW promises of today.
I am TRUSTING GOD for His quick mercy and energizing HOPE today!
I am TRUSTING GOD for direction for these half-dozen cases of turmoil and struggle today.

"Because GOD is FAITHFUL and I (and you) CAN TRUST Him!" (Dr. Thomas White)

“The greatest act of faith some days is to simply get up and face another day.” ― Amy Gatliff

I agree!
So let’s all face it faithfully in the NEW STRENGTH and NEW HOPE it promises!

I love you all.
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment