Wednesday, June 10, 2015

PROPER PREP

PROPER PREP
Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Let’s “prep” together this morning.
What do I mean?
Many of you know I dabble a little in catering. My grandmothers Winnie and Clara were so gracious to let me hang out at their knee when I was little and gain some great “stove-top” wisdom.
And I learned before you can bring together “grandma worthy grub” you need to “prep”.
Get the veggies cut and ready. Organize your ingredients on the counter. Mise en place in place? Eggs at room temp? Meat tenderized? Got that chicken-fried steak station ready? Oven preheated? Water on to boil?
You get my drift.
Good prep will equate to greater meal success. That is just a fact.
The same applies to our “spiritual” preparation?
It does.
The better we spiritually prepare for this “day” ahead the more successful our day will be.
Trust me on that.
That is not to say the day won’t deliver a dropped pan or a spilled sauce or two, rather good preparation allows you to deal with it more effectively.
And nothing prepares us for the day ahead like prayer.
So let me ask you, have you prayed yet this morning? Have you at least "prepped” that station?
Okay...then let me "play grandma" for a second and offer a little help.
Let’s acknowledge GOD and bring Him into the mix!
1 Chronicles 29:11 (NCV)
Lord, you are great and powerful. You have glory, victory, and honor. Everything in heaven and on earth belongs to you. The kingdom belongs to you, Lord; you are the ruler over everything.
Including this day ahead!
Now let’s prep a little protection.
Matthew 6:31(ESV)
…lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil
Now a DASH of direction.
2 Thessalonians 3:5 (NCV)
Lord direct (our) hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.
Let's also make sure we are working “clean!”
Matthew 6:12
Keep us forgiven with you (GOD) and forgiving others.
Now let’s bless the process!
Numbers 6:24-25 (MSG)
God bless you (me) and keep you (me). God smile on you (me) and gift you (me).
Feel a little better prepared for the day ahead now?
I hope so!
Have an awesome day!
I love you all!
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment