Monday, April 18, 2016

CHOSE to REPOSE?

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
"If there be anything that can render the soul calm, dissipate its scruples and dispel its fears, sweeten its sufferings by the anointing of love, impart strength to all its actions, and spread abroad the joy of the Holy Spirit in its countenance and words, it is this simple and childlike repose in the arms of God." - S.D. Gordon
Wow…
Isn’t that a reassurance as we “wade into another week?”
In HIS arms…
We are NOT alone!
We can be calm!
Our fears quelled. 
Even our sufferings are sweetened.
The eternal God IS OUR dwelling place, And underneath are the everlasting arms... Deuteronomy 33:27 (NIV)
The question is “are you dwelling”?
Have you “chose to repose”? “Dwell in the quell”?
“…we need to practice the presence of God: Not just to acknowledge in some philosophical way that God is present, but to rehearse, to repeat, to work and rework our knowledge that even though we don’t see Him and sometimes don’t feel Him, He is there. He is here. When we practice the presence of God, we train ourselves to desire His presence—to resist our temptation to flee Him. We also train ourselves to experience His presence—to resist our temptation to think that He flees us. In other words, the practice of the presence of God helps us to live…Buchanan
I want to live in those arms?
YOU?

So go back and read a little more about what else is found in the ARMS of GOD.
Strength and joy!
Not surprising those two are hanging out together!
This is a sacred day before our Lord. Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the Lord is your strength!” – Numbers 8:10 (NLT)
AND the HOLY SPIRIT is there to direct all of the action, manage all the intersections, and guide.
The question is will our pride keep us from the arms of Jesus?
Will our “perceived” self-sufficiency keep us out of His embrace?
Why when……the arm of the LORD is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear. – Isaiah 59:1 (NIV)
So…
Repose…
I feel the touch of hands so kind and tender.
They're leading me in the paths that I must trod.
I'll have no fear for Jesus walks beside me
For I'm sheltered in the arms of God.
So let the storm clouds rage high,
The dark clouds rise,
They don't bother me;
For I'm sheltered in the arms of God.
He walks with me,
And naught of earth shall harm me,
For I'm sheltered in the arms of God.


I love you all…
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment