Tuesday, April 26, 2016

GOD MOMENTS

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“Always, everywhere God is present, and always He seeks to discover Himself to each one”
― A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God

I know that I have shard this little quote a couple of times recently, but today I want it to encourage each of us to PAY ATTENTION.

Yesterday while listening to a passionate albeit still young and relatively young follower of Christ and “recoverer” share his vision, he recalled a number of what he called “GOD MOMENTS” that had led him from a chronic addiction and life of self-destruction and greed to one passionate to help others find Christ.  He shared how GOD had used encounters, family and even some “televangelists” to send message after message calling him to a NEW purpose, GOD’S purpose.

Last night 90 miles to the south another man who admitted that just months before a half-gallon of Jack Daniels and enough weed to start a farm were the order of EVERY day for him was being “revolutionized” by “GOD moments”.  He used the word encounters, but you get the drift.  He now was seeing GOD use the most ordinary things in his life to REVEAL Himself to him. GOD was indeed discovering Himself to Him.

And yet sandwiched in between was a heavy-hearted prayer seeking dad whose 29 year old “little girl” was on the street, shacked up with a constant abuser and dealer of heroin.  With tears streaming down his face he wished for a GOD moment for her and for his aching family.

That is why I take such encouragement in Tozer’s quote.  

For when I have conversations with those who are EXPERIENCING GOD moments, I can say “not surprised” and "praise GOD" and for those who are desperate for one, I can say just WAIT one is coming!  GOD is passionately pursuing us EVERYDAY, waiting to share Himself with us.

Exodus 33:14 (ESV) …My presence will go with you…

John 14:26 (ESV) - But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

The “key” is being “aware” of GOD’S desire to interact and intersect with us.

Jeremiah 29:13 (ESV) - You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

In the case of my two fellas, they had experienced some powerful GOD moments and now they were hungry and seeking more.  As for my 29 year old, I pray that she will soon open her heart and mind to Christ.  Her daddy assured me she “knew” Him, the question is will she let Him.  I wish she would embrace this truth…

Acts 3:20-21 (ESV) …times of refreshing…come from the presence of the Lord

I know she needs it.
Do you?

GOD has awakened with you today ready to traverse the path with you.  He and His Word will be a lamp for your feet and the light for it.  He promised. The GOD moments are teed up. Refreshing awaits.
I know it.
For you and for me.

Will we be ready to acknowledge them?
Learn from them? Be blessed by them?
The choice is ours.

“…sacred embrace wraps fragile souls in vital grace, weaves trust with threads of perfect will, envelopes those quiet in strength surreal.” - unknown

I love you ALL!
Be blessed!
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment